Is There Anything Better Than Country Music?

rdalert447

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American country music has its roots in the folk music of Ireland, Scotland, and to a lesser extent England, brought to America and in particular Appalachia. The major change has been to add the guitar to the list of instruments, and for it to dominate. 

It is, in its best form, storytelling of the ordinary people of the country, and it is almost entirely about love or outlaws, as is the music of the old countries. 

Yes, some of it is shite as it is with Irish and Scottish and English music, but it still one of the best things about America. 

This is some of the best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8A9Y1Dq_cQ

• 4 weeks later...

Heard this for the first time today. It was the strangest song I have ever heard. I thought it was the worst song I had ever heard. Came back and looked it up and have a listened to it three or four times now. It’s growing on me. I think I might like it now. Weird, but kind of catchy. Or else it really is the worst song I’ve ever heard. I don’t know.

• 5 months later...

Heard this for the first time today. It was the strangest song I have ever heard. I thought it was the worst song I had ever heard. Came back and looked it up and have a listened to it three or four times now. It’s growing on me. I think I might like it now. Weird, but kind of catchy. Or else it really is the worst song I’ve ever heard. I don’t know.

had a very similar experience with this song.  Was originally yelling at my radio saying "this isn't country music".  Then, a few days later, caught myself singing along.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...