Need advice especially from IAG

Boatboatboat

That’s awesome! Kat eats wet food though. I suppose I could start to alternate to get her used to it. That way I could go on vacation and feed her from my phone, and the robot would take care of the rest. I wouldn’t even need a pet sitter!

I could just have some of camera ao I could peek in and make sure it’s all good. The things they can do these days.

they have some for wet food, too.  They come with little icepack things you freeze that keeps the food fresh.  Yay technology

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well.. Kat is acting All sorts of weird today. She did get stuffed in her carrier yesterday morning to go to get to get her nails cut, so she could be upset about that, but she appears to be not happy with me. The only other change is the Litter-Robot. She is going in it, but has been hiding all morning and acting weird. Also I just read some reviews online that the Litter-Robot two is better than the three. I haven’t had time to really research that, and that ship has sailed for me, but you might look at reviews for each if really considering. I will report on Kat’s behavior in coming days. Hopefully this passes or is unrelated.

If anyone is seriously considering, I would hold off a couple days just to make sure that this thing works as well as I’m hoping it does. I mean, mechanically it’s great. Would really suck if Kat has an issue with it.

You still have to dump the dirty litter out of wherever it's stored right? How is that much different from just scooping it out like normal?

Because the cat has clean litter after every time it uses it. You still have to empty a bag, but theoretically just once a week instead of scooping constantly. I imagine once I open that drawer after a few days though, it’s probably going to be stinky. I read that the Litter-Robot 3 is not as good as the predecessors in controlling the smell. We will see. I just assumed that the latest model would be the best, but I guess that is not always the case. I can always send it back if no go but there is a $60 shipping fee that comes out. I’m remaining optimistic.

Oh and Because it cleans it immediately, you theoretically save on litter and there is no litter in the bag..don’t have to throw litter out every week or two.

Because the cat has clean litter after every time it uses it. You still have to empty a bag, but theoretically just once a week instead of scooping constantly. I imagine once I open that drawer after a few days though, it’s probably going to be stinky. I read that the Litter-Robot 3 is not as good as the predecessors in controlling the smell. We will see. I just assumed that the latest model would be the best, but I guess that is not always the case. I can always send it back if no go but there is a $60 shipping fee that comes out. I’m remaining optimistic.

Oh and Because it cleans it immediately, you theoretically save on litter and there is no litter in the bag..don’t have to throw litter out every week or two.

I never throw out all the litter, just keep adding. If i think the pan itself needs cleaning I dump the litter out, clean the pan, and put the litter back. My Walter is meticulously clean.

I never throw out all the litter, just keep adding. If i think the pan itself needs cleaning I dump the litter out, clean the pan, and put the litter back. My Walter is meticulously clean.

I use(d) disposable litter boxes. Hoping to never have to buy another one,

Final verdict. Litter robot is a success. I put her regular litter box back next to it for a few days and I just checked the drawer and she has been using the robot. So now I will take away the other litter box completely. Has gone both Pee and Poo in it and it is is working fine. Big thumbs up!

She also stopped acting weird. I think she was just maybe initially upset with this strange new big thing in her space.

Good to hear, Iggy. How loud is the turning process?

Well it’s not quiet, but not terrible by any means. My house is fairly quiet, but I’ve never heard it from upstairs, which is why I didn’t know if she was actually using it. I would say it’s about as loud an an electric can opener.