Need advice especially from IAG

Boatboatboat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of litter do you guys use? There certainly is a huge variation in price and type.

I use this

Dr. Elsey's

Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter.

Very little dust. No funky smell. It was recommended to me by the guy at Petsmart or somewhere, but I buy it on Amazon in the 40 pound bag. It’s much cheaper that way. My poor mailman has to deliver it.

I use this

Dr. Elsey's

Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter.

Very little dust. No funky smell. It was recommended to me by the guy at Petsmart or somewhere, but I buy it on Amazon in the 40 pound bag. It’s much cheaper that way. My poor mailman has to deliver it.

How much is it, i can get a 40 LB box of clumping litter for about $8 on sale. I'm sure it costs more for litter than it does to feed the little guy by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Your cat wasn't freaked out at all? I'm considering one

Initially she peeked around at it but didn’t go in. I decided to just go for it and put her other litter box away...put a little of her old litter in there with a poo lol ( so I would know if she used it). . I came upstairs and went back later.....nightlight is on and poo is gone, so I’m assuming she went in there and did her business and it worked. I did a test on the cleaning cycle and it worked perfectly. It’s pretty much ready out of the box. I got the one that is synced with an app to tell you how full etc, but I haven’t set that up yet. Works is just like in the video. I would take a video but I’d have to catch her right after she goes. There is a 90 day guarantee if it doesn’t work out. I think you just pay shipping to send it back. I got some extra lliners and a little stairway that attaches and some other ad ons, so the whole thing with tax was $ 678, but if I never have to scoop again I’m fine with that.

As you know, I looked at this for a long time and read a lot of reviews, and I think I only saw one or two reviews where that was cat didn’t get used to it, Every other one basically said worth every penny. Tomorrow I will check the tray and make sure she is using and report back. Like I said, I am assuming she did because it cleaned the old poo I put in there, but I suppose it is possible she went in and out again and it triggered the clean without her actually going. She is smart though. She will get it if she hasn’t already.

That’s awesome! Kat eats wet food though. I suppose I could start to alternate to get her used to it. That way I could go on vacation and feed her from my phone, and the robot would take care of the rest. I wouldn’t even need a pet sitter!

I could just have some of camera ao I could peek in and make sure it’s all good. The things they can do these days.

telling a computer to feed your cat is one of the signs of the apocalypse

having a robotic machine zap the poop is probably another

jeez guys

my cat was waking us up scratching at our bedroom door every morning at 5-6 am.  Now I can feed him without getting out of bed.  It has been tremendous.