Bitcoin hits $20k

IAG

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like total manipulation of the price of gbtc... cnbc has guys on bitcoin week saying it was cheap because the premium was "only" 10-20%...

then citron shorts it, buys back at 1200 or so this morning and feels the need to tell everyone they are no longer short... seeking alpha says 20% premium is cheap and it goes to 2000

unbelievable when you sit back and think about it.  even a 20% premium for someone to hold your bitcoin hostage and take 2%/year in fees is stupid, it should trade at a discount

seems like total manipulation of the price of gbtc... cnbc has guys on bitcoin week saying it was cheap because the premium was "only" 10-20%...

then citron shorts it, buys back at 1200 or so this morning and feels the need to tell everyone they are no longer short... seeking alpha says 20% premium is cheap and it goes to 2000

unbelievable when you sit back and think about it. even a 20% premium for someone to hold your bitcoin hostage and take 2%/year in fees is stupid, it should trade at a discount

Starting not to trust them. Bad enough having to watch out for regular BTC manipulators. They did not respond to my email after I told them they screwed up the distribution...in a much more professional way of course.... They had been replying very timely about responding regarding the distribution date etc. Then I made a comment on Twitter about them not answering my email (doesn’t have my real name) Then magically I got an email from a CSR that copied Michael Sonnenshein who apparently is the director who was on CNBC last week, so it must’ve gotten somebody’s attention. Spent 90 Minutes on the phone ...mostly hold...with Ameritrade who had zero information. They were going to refer to their “specialty “department. I mean only am out $500, but can you imagine somebody with a very serious investment who got shorted on the distribution. Some of those people may not even realize it. Many of them didn’t know they were getting that money. And I think a lot of people bought prior to the date knowing that they could buy up until November 6 and get a piece of that. So there may have been a lot of last-minute buys. I know exactly what happened is they missed the last four shares I bought days before the record date. ...I suppose it could be a Ameritrade’s fault, but somehow I doubt it.

I don’t know enough about futures to understand 100 percent of what you’re saying, but I can catch enough of it to get the gist. I just shook my head when I saw that article.

Crazy out there!

Starting not to trust them. Bad enough having to watch out for regular BTC manipulators. They did not respond to my email after I told them they screwed up the distribution...in a much more professional way of course.... They had been replying very timely about responding regarding the distribution date etc. Then I made a comment on Twitter about them not answering my email (doesn’t have my real name) Then magically I got an email from a CSR that copied Michael Sonnenshein who apparently is the director who was on CNBC last week, so it must’ve gotten somebody’s attention. Spent 90 Minutes on the phone ...mostly hold...with Ameritrade who had zero information. They were going to refer to their “specialty “department. I mean only am out $500, but can you imagine somebody with a very serious investment who got shorted on the distribution. Some of those people may not even realize it. Many of them didn’t know they were getting that money. And I think a lot of people bought prior to the date knowing that they could buy up until November 6 and get a piece of that. So there may have been a lot of last-minute buys. I know exactly what happened is they missed the last four shares I bought days before the record date. ...I suppose it could be a Ameritrade’s fault, but somehow I doubt it.

I don’t know enough about futures to understand 100 percent of what you’re saying, but I can catch enough of it to get the gist. I just shook my head when I saw that article.

Crazy out there!

yeah thanks for the info... if they can't even be trusted to pay the distribution that they promised, that's a red flag

i'm fascinated by how much variance there is in the gbtc price vs btc... sometimes it's 10% premium and sometimes it's 80%, hit both of those ends of the spectrum today lol

bought some GROW today early on at 4.31 and again near the close at 4.49

no debt and $35 million in equity... and their investment in prelf is worth about $34 million (on the books for $11.4m)

so total equity is really around $48 million and the market cap is only 58 million... pays a puny dividend, and you can always sell covered calls against it if you think the upside is limited

it's susceptible to bitcoin prices but upside is way more than downside even if btc trends flat/slightly lower

bought some GROW today early on at 4.31 and again near the close at 4.49

no debt and $35 million in equity... and their investment in prelf is worth about $34 million (on the books for $11.4m)

so total equity is really around $48 million and the market cap is only 58 million... pays a puny dividend, and you can always sell covered calls against it if you think the upside is limited

it's susceptible to bitcoin prices but upside is way more than downside even if btc trends flat/slightly lower

Excellent. I’ll take a look Mike. GL!

Just found out one of my Vegas buddies has 6k XRP coins that he bought about a week ago...says he’s turned $20k into 40k in a month thru crypto, meanwhile I’ve been fucking around with hundreds. Damn.

Ripple was at .25 for what seemed like forever. Huge month for them. I’m not sure I would buy at the top, but people told me that about bitcoin at 1800 so I wont comment too much. Ha....The only thing is with XRP is that it’s got a huge supply which makes it seem cheaper than it really is. That being said, Asia loves Ripple, and they are just waking up so hopefully will have a good night. GL!