Is Tom Brady the best QB ever now?

Balco

No but its all subjective

Peyton Manning the greatest football player ive ever seen. Think there is a decent chance Aaron Rodgers will be able to pass him though by the time Rodgers' career is done

Rings aren't the defining stat to me. Give me Marino in the top 5 and he has 0 rings. Takes a team to win a ring. Russell Wilson very nearly had 2 rings in three seasons and I wouldn't put him in the top 8 of current players, let alone with all time greats. Eli has two rings and he is completely average. Ben has two rings and although he is above average he is far from elite.

Brady is probably in my top five but no question i take Peyton over him

Brady now has four rings, just like Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw.

But remember this, Brady has lost two Super Bowls; exactly two more than Montana. That brings Brady down a notch.

Montana was perfect in Super Bowls. Never lost one of them.

Also this is the craziest argument against Brady you can come up with. How is this a bad thing?? If anything if you are using team success as a barometer to rate QBs this is a point in Bradys FAVOR, not against him

How is it better to be 4-0 in Super Bowls than it is to be 4-2? Being 4-5 in Super Bowls would be better than both of those

You are pretty much arguing it is more impressive to lose BEFORE the super bowl than it is to lose in the super bowl. Since Montana can lose in the first round of the playoffs and still keep his SB record perfect while Brady wins two games to get to the SB and somehow that is a knock against him if he doesn't win it? That's nuts. Same stupid argument people use against Lebron in basketball

Peyton is technically a better player but has half the competitive drive of Brady. It's perfect that he was paired with Dungy. They can both spend their twilight years bragging about how much rest all their good teams got in week 15 and 16. Because other than one Super Bowl, they sucked when it mattered.

I'll take Brady all day over Peyton Manning. Brady always beat him head to head. Manning always had talent WRs surrounding him. I'll give you that Manning is the best regular season QB of all time. Not a money QB in postseason.

I like you your argument about my post. All valid points, except on Manning.

I think you're grading more on statistics more than winning. Brady's win % is absurd. Beyond ridiculous.

It's a team sport, this is not tennis or golf.

In the long run, it's really a "who gives a fuck if he is considered the best, 5th, or worse all time"........obviously and clearly he is a great QB, leave it at that.

.....and what's compelling, when posters start comparing the best QB's of all time, they seldom ever mention QB's that played pre-1975.

Does anyone really believe BRADY is "better" than Johnny Unitus?????......one example.

It's a team sport, this is not tennis or golf.

In the long run, it's really a "who gives a fuck if he is considered the best, 5th, or worse all time"........obviously and clearly he is a great QB, leave it at that.

.....and what's compelling, when posters start comparing the best QB's of all time, they seldom ever mention QB's that played pre-1975.

Does anyone really believe BRADY is "better" than Johnny Unitus?????......one example.

Well tough to judge guys from different eras

But in terms of technical aspects yes, every top QB right now is better than every top QB from 20-30 years ago. Guys can throw the ball so much better, have such a better understanding of the game. It really isn't close and it is like this in every sport. The depth of talent in NBA is miles better than it was 20 years ago, players in MLB miles better, NHL same thing. Tennis, golf any sport you can list that has big money involved the players are so far advanced from what they were decades ago it wouldn't be fair to make them play each other. An all star team from today would be -28 vs an All star team from 1975 and id take the -28

It will be that way in the future also. 20 years from now the top QBs will be better than Peyton, Brady and Rodgers. Just so much more training, so much more knowledge, better technology and more money involved that it's impossible for it not to be this way. Which is why its really only fair to judge vs their era and the competition THEY faced