Have you done your taxes?

IAG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy from my childhood Sunday school class went to prison for tax evasion..one of those guys who thought you can get out of paying taxes if you document something or the other....didn’t file for 4 years.

Wow four years in prison!

How much did he owe?

Thought America was the land of the free

Wow four years in prison!

How much did he owe?

Thought America was the land of the free

No...he did about a year. He didn’t PAY tax for four years. He owed about 350k. Thing is he HAD the money! They were well off. He was following his dad’s lead who was a well known community member. Was all kind of weird.

Did mine about a month ago, owed a little to both, used to be I'd wait till the last min if I was paying in but since my checking account pays like  0.1%. it doesn't matter.

I know.....used to wait on property taxes the same way, but with saving rates next to nothing doesn’t matter too much. Although I am getting like 1.5 % from Amex savings...beats many.

What is penalty for extension?

There is no penalty for filing the extension. There is essentially an automatic six month extension, but it is only an extension to file, not to pay. So you need to make sure your taxes paid by April 15 or within a certain percentage or they will charge you interest and penalties or whatever.

You fill out a form for the extension and send along with your estimated taxes due. The form is very simple. Takes a minute.

There is no penalty for filing the extension. There is essentially an automatic six month extension, but it is only an extension to file, not to pay. So you need to make sure your taxes paid by April 15 or within a certain percentage or they will charge you interest and penalties or whatever.

You fill out a form for the extension and send along with your estimated taxes due. The form is very simple. Takes a minute.

We have that here as well if you owe you must pay what you think is outstanding

Then when you do file you must make up the difference

The penalties and fines are outrageous here and they charge 10% for any monies owed

They are done. Just haven’t hit send yet. Owe about $600 this year and was blindsided by it.

You only get the child tax credit for kids under 17. So thats why I got screwed I guess. It’s stupid. My daughter is still in hs, lives at home, and is a dependent. And she’s more expensive now as a driver than last year. But we don’t get the tax credit anymore? Dumb.

I’m bleeding money.