Official MikeYanks/GreenDoberman Sobriety Thread

GreenDoberman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can take this as a joke. That’s fine. But I’m serious about this. I’m gonna try again tomorrow. If I can get through a few weeks I got this.weekdays aren’t as hard. Friday’s and Saturday’s will be tough. Just gotta find something else to do and I can do it.

The struggle is real.

I fucking quit heroin. No reason I can’t atop drinking

To be honest. As I sit here and think about it. It’s prob to quit heroin for me. I knew 2/3 people that sold it. I can get beer anywhere. Like today.. I didn’t call any drinking buddies to go out because I didn’t want to drink.

But I drove by the bar and said fuck it...

I go into the convenience store and the temptation is there. Legally able to buy it. Can go to any restaurant or store and get the fix.. with dope I need to make that call. I can talk myself out of that. With alcohol it’s a split second decision. Readily available. I don’t have the time to think about the decision like I would with dope...

This may be harder than I originally thought.

To be honest. As I sit here and think about it. It’s prob to quit heroin for me. I knew 2/3 people that sold it. I can get beer anywhere. Like today.. I didn’t call any drinking buddies to go out because I didn’t want to drink.

But I drove by the bar and said fuck it...

I go into the convenience store and the temptation is there. Legally able to buy it. Can go to any restaurant or store and get the fix.. with dope I need to make that call. I can talk myself out of that. With alcohol it’s a split second decision. Readily available. I don’t have the time to think about the decision like I would with dope...

This may be harder than I originally thought.

Just like eating clean. It's called a cheat day. A day that allows you to get through all others. Knowing, you have a cheat day.

Worry about tomorrow tomorrow and enjoy your cheat day.

Perhaps you will get through all of next week and allow yourself another, without guilt, cheat day.

Just like eating clean. It's called a cheat day. A day that allows you to get through all others. Knowing, you have a cheat day.

Worry about tomorrow tomorrow and enjoy your cheat day.

Perhaps you will get through all of next week and allow yourself another, without guilt, cheat day.

Doesn’t work like that.

Need some questions answered Deem?

From what he told me and how he explained I’d guess it’s a tstat issue. But without being i Ohio and checking shot would be hard to pinpoint.. he’s not mechanically Inclined so can’t have him test shit either..

His best bet is to call a service tech

You guys can take this as a joke. That’s fine. But I’m serious about this. I’m gonna try again tomorrow. If I can get through a few weeks I got this.weekdays aren’t as hard. Friday’s and Saturday’s will be tough. Just gotta find something else to do and I can do it.

The struggle is real.

I fucking quit heroin. No reason I can’t atop drinking

Mike,

next week plan something for Friday night so you have to do that instead of go to the bar.  A restaurant, movie, ball game, etc..  Yes, there will be alcohol there but it won't be the main focus.

My regular drinking day is Wednesday and I made a point to plan to go out to eat at a different restaurant each Wednesday going forward.  It gives me a new restaurant to try and instead of feeling like I have some free time and the car magically steers to the bar because I have nothing better to do, I have a place to go.

I know it's not easy and you will slip up.  I will slip up too.  All we can do is try.

Mike,

next week plan something for Friday night so you have to do that instead of go to the bar. A restaurant, movie, ball game, etc.. Yes, there will be alcohol there but it won't be the main focus.

My regular drinking day is Wednesday and I made a point to plan to go out to eat at a different restaurant each Wednesday going forward. It gives me a new restaurant to try and instead of feeling like I have some free time and the car magically steers to the bar because I have nothing better to do, I have a place to go.

I know it's not easy and you will slip up. I will slip up too. All we can do is try.

I did plan my night out.. I planned to deposit my check and come home shower make dinner then watch wwe hall of fame and or the Yankee game..

It’s no excuse. But if I didn’t get the call from my bookie to come by because we missed each other yesterday and he’s going to New York tomorrow then I 100% know I would have followed my plan.

Sad thatkust driving by the bar set me off. But it did. Neeed to have stronger will power next week. I was fine all week even though I was bored and thought about it..

I stopped drinking daily about two months ago when my regular bar closed. It’s just the Friday’s And Saturdays that will be hard..

Like I’ve said befor I went years without it.. once I go a few weeks I’ll be fine..

Also sucks that I’m 35 and all my good friends are married and have kids now. So when I do get them out of the house they want to go drinking and have a great night.. so making sober plans with them would be boring as fuck..

I’m my friends sons godfather. Going there once every few weeks sober sucks. I don’t know how anyone lives that married life. I couldn’t.

So the people I could make plans with I really can’t stand. Maybe I’ll just go back on tinder. Having a gf is prob th best thing for me to be honest but I def don’t want any relationship at this time.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

I thought HenryHill had a Tinder date.

Henry is a Non heterosexual humans name.

I munch coins and carpets.

Green dont mean to hurt your feelings but never fucking heard of you pal

Also sucks that I’m 35 and all my good friends are married and have kids now. So when I do get them out of the house they want to go drinking and have a great night.. so making sober plans with them would be boring as fuck..

I’m my friends sons godfather. Going there once every few weeks sober sucks. I don’t know how anyone lives that married life. I couldn’t.

So the people I could make plans with I really can’t stand. Maybe I’ll just go back on tinder. Having a gf is prob th best thing for me to be honest but I def don’t want any relationship at this time.

Trust me, your married friends are far more miserable than you are.  At least mine are. 

I ran into this semi-famous chef/restaurant owner a few weeks ago when I had company in town.  We were in a bar and the bartender was making like 10 cocktails for them to sample.  I recognized the chef and complimented her on her restaurants since I've been there many times and the food is outstanding.  I told who I was with who she was and then I noticed she was drinking one of those non-alcoholic beers but having a good time with the rest of the group.

I asked her if she missed drinking knowing that she is in recovery.  She said, "every day, but what I don't miss is not being able to pay my bills and not being successful".

She has a burgeoning restaurant empire and was featured in a short film/commercial as well.