Should Weed get you banned for a Year in any sport let alone the NFL? : Bo Pellini chimes in on Page 2

maron

Let alone taking a year's salary from the man.

I can cold cock a woman unconscious in an elevator on tape and get two games..

something recreational that is not a performance enhancer get a year (dont care how many violations for other stuff....)

wonder if the NFLPA can appeal and on what grounds if any?

A year is excessive, as someone else mentioned you can beat up a woman and get less of a penalty, unfortunately in a lot of places the same is true in a court of law, in particular if convicted of DUI you will pay a much bigger price for that compared to assaulting a woman. One of the most ridiculous laws in this country, if you get a DUI but didn't harm anyone and not commit any other crimes other than DUI you should get a slap on the wrist not a fuckng year suspension and all the other bullshit you have to do. Ridiculous. What happens when convicted of hitting a woman? Probably probation and a fine. Whatta joke.

No, especially because of the two states it is legal in. What would happen in Colorado if someone could prove they have not been out of the state in 6 months and legally purchased and ingested mj. Is it constitutional for them to lose their job to a substance which is not illegal?

I've already stated my opinion but now I'll play Devil's Advocate.

I've never seen a current NFL contract but I'll suppose in laymen's terms it says "You break a law the NFL can do whatever the fuck it wants too."

You sign it then deal with it. You want change then make change happen.

If anyone needs weed- it would certainly be athletes who deal with pain.

Honestly, I think it's banned because the leagues want to market themselves as responsible, "Our employees aren't allowed to use drugs just like everyone else. We are a family league."

Fuckin' commissioners and league officials are probably smoking it up.

I Worked for 20 years doing heavy road construction, was tested one time every year for the first 17, then tested 5 or 6 times a year the last 3. I don't think pot is any different than having a few beers.

But if I was a pro athlete that only had 5 to 8 years to make my millions I wouldn't touch it if I was tested for it. I don't feel bad for the idiots that get busted. Just being stupid IMO

If you make all you can by the time you are 30 you have a long time to party

Wonder none of these guys A) gets a prescription for weed' date=' then B) sues the NFL when they fine him for using that prescription.[/quote']

There are plenty of legally prescribed drugs and even over the counter drugs that are banned. All banned substances aren't illegal

By Rich Kaipust / World-Herald staff writer

Bo Pelini veered off topic a little Friday morning at the Big Red Breakfast and took a strong stance against marijuana, telling a crowd of about 250 people that it’s a “real problem out there.â€

Pelini called it not only an issue in high schools, middle schools and even grade schools, but society in general, saying: “It is out of control.â€

“Let’s face it, it’s not OK,†Pelini said. “I think everybody that’s our age, my age, hopefully understands that it’s not OK. It’s not good. It’s not good for you. And these kids do it on a daily basis and a yearly basis … and it’s a real problem out there.

“Fortunately for us it is not (an issue) in our program. But I can tell you around college football and college athletics … serious in college. I guarantee you walk into dorms nowadays and it is a horrible problem.â€

Pelini at earlier times Friday was discussing the modern challenges that coaches face and what they see with players, families and backgrounds.