Opening week NFL discussion

Doughy

What games stand out to you? I really like Texans -2' vs Redskins at home. Forget about that 2-14 record last year, this is a whole new, healthier Texans team. I also like Miami +4' vs Pats at home. Miami in early September is never a good time for road teams, and Bill Lazor (new OC for Miami) should have the Pats defense on its toes. Obviously, there's a lot more to like in both games than this tiny blurb, and I'll be happy to elaborate more when I have time, but this is my initial observation of the card.

Thoughts?

I like the Texans as well.

Also like my Packers. When healthy they are more dangerous offensively than Broncos, and the Seahawks offense has never been that impressive.

Also like the Bengals. More talent and team chemistry at this point, imo. Ravens have a lot of new pieces.

And zero chance the Eagles lose. They win the East this year.

I like the Texans as well.

Also like my Packers. When healthy they are more dangerous offensively than Broncos, and the Seahawks offense has never been that impressive.

Also like the Bengals. More talent and team chemistry at this point, imo. Ravens have a lot of new pieces.

And zero chance the Eagles lose. They win the East this year.

I tend to agree, but LOTS of Survivor Pools will be thrown upside down if Jax does win.

For me what stuck out were the wong teasers available.

Broncos teased down to -1 - The Colts aren't much outside of Andrew Luck. Broncos get healthy and added some pieces on defense. With it being a revenge game from last year and first Sunday night game the crowd should be nuts. The Colts taking one in Denver is a tough task.

Bears teased down to pk. Technically not a wong tease, but soldier field is also a brutal place to play for opponents. Don't think Manuel can exploit the porous Bears D.

Tampa +7 (line way gone now) But maybe there are a few locals out there shading hard on Carolina. Pretty obvious on this one. Carolina has some issues. Newton injury, depletion of receiving corps. Tampa's not great but the game should be close.

Steelers pk. Fits into a similar mold as the Bears. Not sure how the Brownies put up any points with that offense. A healthy Steeler team should bounce back this year, not overly concerned about the running back situation. The value of RB keeps going down by the year.

This all comes with making sure to get the 2 team -110 teasers. Many books have gone to -120 because they got beat so bad last year, but there are still some good options if one shops around.

As far as ATS, most of the #'s the market has tightened up. I do like the Ravens -2. They have one of the best home field advantages in the NFL, it's not as talked about as much as Seattle or New Orleans. It has been just as good over the last few years. I rated Cincy a bit lower this year due to the losses in personnel. Ravens are a bit of a mystery as their offense was woeful last year.