I'm conducting an interview with a very sharp numbers guy

KingRevolver

Guest ChrisHarvard
Do you watch the games you bet on?

This is actually a great question. And if the answer is NO, is that for superstition purpose or just to try and save your full head of hair (from the stress)?

Chris, the obvious and correct answer is both.....and will vary differently depending on the venue, but with hoards of games on a yearly basis, the answer is and has to be BOTH..........and this is a question that is not something KR is exactly looking for, he is looking for math questions as it relates to gambling, and there is nobody in this business that does this better than the gentleman KR is posing these questions to.

Something that I've been looking at...Are there situations where you ever look at "pleasers" from those books that offer them? Seems like with some of these huge pointspreads early in the college football season, there are spots where picking up the value in the added payout is worth the 6/7 points that you're selling.

if you beat the pinny opening number for ncaa and nfl by 1 pt on sides what is your expected long term win %

Easier to figure out for basketball, but that's a tough one for football since different numbers create different edges. If you go from 2.5 to 3.5, you're going to see something completely different than going from 4.5 to 5.5. I guess you could come up with an overall average, but the 3 and 7 will certainly show a lot bigger difference over the long haul.

Ask him what the expected value is on a matching $500 freeplay with 10 x RO

The rules of the free play should have a big bearing on the answer...if they only allow straight bets, it's a lot less than if they'll let you do 4 team parlays, big dogs, or play it on futures.

The rules of the free play should have a big bearing on the answer...if they only allow straight bets, it's a lot less than if they'll let you do 4 team parlays, big dogs, or play it on futures.

Let's assume no parlays are allowed and against -110 lines. Let's also assume max bet is $250. I already know the answer.

Let's assume no parlays are allowed and against -110 lines. Let's also assume max bet is $250. I already know the answer.

You'd need some another assumption too. Are you assuming that you'll be 50% at picking winners during the 10x rollover period? If you were picking at 52.4%, then the answer obviously changes.

You'd need some another assumption too. Are you assuming that you'll be 50% at picking winners during the 10x rollover period? If you were picking at 52.4%, then the answer obviously changes.

everyone collectively are picking 50% so that is the only number we can assume

everyone collectively are picking 50% so that is the only number we can assume

And just to confirm, max of 250 applies to both the free play and the bets that you're making during the rollover period? I'm interested in seeing what I come up with if I get a chance to run it today.

And just to confirm, max of 250 applies to both the free play and the bets that you're making during the rollover period? I'm interested in seeing what I come up with if I get a chance to run it today.

confirmed. It is a good simple exercise that Kinger's math guy should be able to handle with ease.