Been going to Vegas for 20 years...

Sol Aristatel

:laugh

You should've taken a picture with them, pal.

Haha.  Nah.  Ive never asked to take a pic with anyone famous.  I'd feel like such a dork.

He was just walking around talking to people.  I'd imagine he's contractually obligated to make an appearance from time to time.  

I had no idea he was 79 years old.  Guy has been around forever it seems. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was worried that would be the case.  But then again, that's true with pretty much every Caesar's restaurant.  They suck the life out of an idea, slap a famous name on it, then overcharge while cheapening the ingredients.  Look at the downhill slide of the entire Rio complex to see what their modus operandi.  I think Mesa Grill might be one of the few exceptions.

But then again, when folks like you (don't want to call you a simpleton but in this case it is fitting) buy into their shit marketing program and think hey free chotchkes, cheese dip, and a crap room while cranking tight the pay tables, offering criminal 6-5 blackjack, and serving Sysco food at Robuchon prices (with a $12 coors to wash that Caesar's cock down your throat to boot), the fault largely lies in the ignorant consumer. 

You want a real seafood meal that will roll your eyes, should have gone to Other Mama.  You want a fair gamble and a $10 steak, shoulda gone to Ellis Island or Jerry's Nugget.  You want to see pretty shiny lights, shit odds, and shittier food- well that's your Vegas, or should I say (courtesy of ) MyVegas.

'Murica

yikes

I met Steven Spielberg in FAO Shwartz in N.Y years ago. I was star struck. All I could say was that I really like your work. He said thank you and then the mob ensued. People rushing him and taking pictures. Then security came in and took control. He managed his way back to me and thanked me again for being normal and shook my hand. It was quite the experience. Something I'll never forget.

I met Steven Spielberg in FAO Shwartz in N.Y years ago. I was star struck. All I could say was that I really like your work. He said thank you and then the mob ensued. People rushing him and taking pictures. Then security came in and took control. He managed his way back to me and thanked me again for being normal and shook my hand. It was quite the experience. Something I'll never forget.

"Like woooooooow.  Fukkin rai now...."

- Eggs

diabler just wanted to go to vegas and have some fun... 

Outside of a couple of subpar meals, we had a great time Michael.  

Can't top the company.  The Beatles Love show was fantastic, and free.  And the tables and machines treated us well.  Good trip.

Ive stated many times, I personally prefer off Strip Stations or Boyd properties over anything on the Strip these days.  But free is free.  I'm not going to spend $300 to stay at GVR when I can stay at Harrah's for free.  That's just dumb. 

Outside of a couple of subpar meals, we had a great time Michael.  

Can't top the company.  The Beatles Love show was fantastic, and free.  And the tables and machines treated us well.  Good trip.

Ive stated many times, I personally prefer off Strip Stations or Boyd properties over anything on the Strip these days.  But free is free.  I'm not going to spend $300 to stay at GVR when I can stay at Harrah's for free.  That's just dumb. 

i've always been the opposite, even though i have a rental car i would much prefer to be able to walk to other properties when i've had too much to drink... kind of feel secluded or stuck at gvr/red rock/etc if i'm staying overnight there

but it takes all kinds, which is why i always cringe when i hear people criticized for staying on the strip, or not staying on the strip, or eating at certain places.  half the time i don't even give a fuck what i'm eating so why should i care where someone else wants to eat?

I think I saw this in Weavers of the Lost Ark.

No comment.

But I will add that I am making us T-Bone steaks with some pasta on the side tonight for dinner.  Really looking forward to the experience.

Fair enough. Looking forward to your experience thoughts. I had one the other night and I got the ghost I love cock for about 15minutes. My old lady was making fun of me. I was basically giggling for no reason. And she was just drinking wine. But because I was laughing she started. It was just a funny mess in the end. Good couple night. And we made popcorn. (Well she made popcorn) I just ate it.

Tremendous night.

• 4 weeks later...