Been going to Vegas for 20 years...

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up our free cheesecake from Carnegies.  Holy shit they are big.  1 blueberry and 1 cherry. 

On ice right now or I would take a pic.  $12 a piece for anyone willing to pay $12 for a huge piece of cheesecake at the Mirage. 

I'll take a pic later when I eat that blueberry monster.  

Most likely around 11pm or so. 

Crown & Anchor has a pretty solid fish and chips.

Spent half my adult life at the C&A. Went through their mug club card (30 beers @20oz.) 47 times before they capped it.  Solid spot.  Watched many a Man City game there with Mancunian Ricky Hatton back in the day.

Off the Hook on south Durango or Fort Apache has the best fish and chips in town in my opinion.  Shame that place isn't packed night in and night out.

Could pass a field sobriety test.  Probably. 

Would take Diabler out for some drinks tonight and tomorrow but sounds like a family vacation of -EV VP and mediocre Caesar's food. 

How were the fish and chips at Gordon Fucking Ramsay's?

Oh well, maybe next time.  (Although there won't be a next time since this is Diabler's Vegas retirement trip)

Would take Diabler out for some drinks tonight and tomorrow but sounds like a family vacation of -EV VP and mediocre Caesar's food.

How were the fish and chips at Gordon Fucking Ramsay's?

Oh well, maybe next time. (Although there won't be a next time since this is Diabler's Vegas retirement trip)

It wasn’t good. Made the mistake ot truffle on the chips. Way too much.

I’ll buy you a couple beers one day GD. Its a 10 month cleanse. I’ll be back.

First of all, the meal sucked.

Good service though.  Felt bad for the Lad.  Tipped him 20% anyway.

But when I go to pay with my points?  Tells me they can only give me 1/2 points on the dollar.  They aren't a "Caesar's" restaurant.

Fuck that shit.  Toby Keith's aint either and they give you full points on comps.  

Just payed cash and GTFO. 

Searsucker sucked.

Avoid.

Was worried that would be the case.  But then again, that's true with pretty much every Caesar's restaurant.  They suck the life out of an idea, slap a famous name on it, then overcharge while cheapening the ingredients.  Look at the downhill slide of the entire Rio complex to see what their modus operandi.  I think Mesa Grill might be one of the few exceptions.

But then again, when folks like you (don't want to call you a simpleton but in this case it is fitting) buy into their shit marketing program and think hey free chotchkes, cheese dip, and a crap room while cranking tight the pay tables, offering criminal 6-5 blackjack, and serving Sysco food at Robuchon prices (with a $12 coors to wash that Caesar's cock down your throat to boot), the fault largely lies in the ignorant consumer. 

You want a real seafood meal that will roll your eyes, should have gone to Other Mama.  You want a fair gamble and a $10 steak, shoulda gone to Ellis Island or Jerry's Nugget.  You want to see pretty shiny lights, shit odds, and shittier food- well that's your Vegas, or should I say (courtesy of ) MyVegas.

'Murica

Was worried that would be the case.  But then again, that's true with pretty much every Caesar's restaurant.  They suck the life out of an idea, slap a famous name on it, then overcharge while cheapening the ingredients.  Look at the downhill slide of the entire Rio complex to see what their modus operandi.  I think Mesa Grill might be one of the few exceptions.

But then again, when folks like you (don't want to call you a simpleton but in this case it is fitting) buy into their shit marketing program and think hey free chotchkes, cheese dip, and a crap room while cranking tight the pay tables, offering criminal 6-5 blackjack, and serving Sysco food at Robuchon prices (with a $12 coors to wash that Caesar's cock down your throat to boot), the fault largely lies in the ignorant consumer. 

You want a real seafood meal that will roll your eyes, should have gone to Other Mama.  You want a fair gamble and a $10 steak, shoulda gone to Ellis Island or Jerry's Nugget.  You want to see pretty shiny lights, shit odds, and shittier food- well that's your Vegas, or should I say (courtesy of ) MyVegas.

'Murica

Maybe the most accurate post on Vegas I've ever read.

:mutley