How much does a root canal go for?

D-Hustle

went today and they said $1500 which I have to pay it all.  my $1250 insurance is pretty much maxed out.  will wait till the new year when my insurance resets.  dentists are fucking crooks.

Probably cost you $400-$500 here in Costa Rica .. then you can use the extra $to fly yourself down here and have a good time.  Heck, you can probably invite KR to fly down with you, imagine that!

The pain should be gone in a day or two, and in any event should be far less than it was before the root canal, you're gonna need a crown, right?

That’s the thing. It didn’t hurt before the root canal. It hurt like a month or two ago when I made the appointment, but it really hasn’t hurt much at all lately. I rescheduled the appointment once because I was going to do some research and determine if I still needed to go through with it and talk to my nephew, but never got around to that happening and didn’t want to postpone again.. Definitely hurt far less than it does now. He did say we could wait and see, but he suspected it would come back to bother me in the future, and I figured I was already there so should just get it over with....Like I said, if I knew it was gonna be $1700 , I probably would not have opted to do anything but wait and watch. I already had a crown on that molar, so they had to drill down through the crown. I don’t even understand I could have a problem since there was already a crown on it?

That’s the thing. It didn’t hurt before the root canal. It hurt like a month or two ago when I made the appointment, but it really hasn’t hurt much at all lately. I rescheduled the appointment once because I was going to do some research and determine if I still needed to go through with it and talk to my nephew, but never got around to that happening and didn’t want to postpone again.. Definitely hurt far less than it does now. He did say we could wait and see, but he suspected it would come back to bother me in the future, and I figured I was already there so should just get it over with....Like I said, if I knew it was gonna be $1700 , I probably would not have opted to do anything but wait and watch. I already had a crown on that molar, so they had to drill down through the crown. I don’t even understand I could have a problem since there was already a crown on it?

The infected root comes from below, it could have come from an injury to the root or from decay from above(over time). My experience is that there was some pain(a little) just from the act of drilling through the tooth(likely in several spots due to multiple roots), but in my case was very little.

Did he just fill the holes or will you need a new crown in the future?

The infected root comes from below, it could have come from an injury to the root or from decay from above(over time). My experience is that there was some pain(a little) just from the act of drilling through the tooth(likely in several spots due to multiple roots), but in my case was very little.

Did he just fill the holes or will you need a new crown in the future?

There was a small fracture in the tooth I guess. When I call them for an itemized statement, I’m going to ask for a little more clarity as to what was actually wrong. It’s a little difficult to ask too many questions when you have a mouth full of instruments and are all numbed up.

Maybe you can get a cavity under a crown? I don’t know if that is what happened or what, but I don’t need a new crown... at least that he mentioned. Would seem odd that I had no other cavities but I got one underneath a crown, but personally I think I just over flossed when I thought something was stuck in that area, and maybe did some gum damage which eventually resolved on its own. They couldn’t tell from the image if it were a fracture or an artifact, but after he looked at it, he said there was a fracture but not one that would warrant it needing to be taken out. I’m not sure if that is the same thing that caused the initial pain or not.

I’m wondering if they snuck a missed appointment charge in there for the time I rescheduled without 48 hours notice. I see on their literature now that they can do do that. The fact they didn’t give me an itemized statement makes me wonder. I’m going to call and request one.

There was a small fracture in the tooth I guess. When I call them for an itemized statement, I’m going to ask for a little more clarity as to what was actually wrong. It’s a little difficult to ask too many questions when you have a mouth full of instruments and are all numbed up.

Maybe you can get a cavity under a crown? I don’t know if that is what happened or what, but I don’t need a new crown... at least that he mentioned. Would seem odd that I had no other cavities but I got one underneath a crown, but personally I think I just over flossed when I thought something was stuck in that area, and maybe did some gum damage which eventually resolved on its own. They couldn’t tell from the image if it were a fracture or an artifact, but after he looked at it, he said there was a fracture but not one that would warrant it needing to be taken out. I’m not sure if that is the same thing that caused the initial pain or not.

I’m wondering if they snuck a missed appointment charge in there for the time I rescheduled without 48 hours notice. I see on their literature now that they can do do that. The fact they didn’t give me an itemized statement makes me wonder. I’m going to call and request one.

Did you go to an endodontist?