OT: Anyone have a company gas card?

Teddy kgb

I’ve had one for at least the last 15yrs and never even thought how I could use it for personal gain but I talked with a guy at work who told me he’s uses his at Union76 kickback club and gets 1% on a gift card and even won 4 Dodger tickets in the monthly give away.

My company doesn’t care where we get gas or what octane we use but I would feel bad to pay an extra 15cents then I pay at Chevron across the street just to get 1%

Any other things that you guys do? And not only with gas but anything else company car or card related.....I did just put $600 on my discover card for tires which gets reimbursed but for me I got 2% back rewards on my card so buying the tires netted my $12

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other things you guys do?

Dead giveaway Pal

IAG is dead to me

Lol......dude I was only talking about rewards....I don’t have to ask how to sneak a 5 gal gas can to fill my personal car.

Rewards going wasted, not like I’m going to ask the VP if he wants it or if I can have it.....He doesn’t care

I have a gas card. No rewards, no 5 gallon gas can fill ups, never thought of price shopping.

I just pump the gas so I don’t run out. 5 years never washed it.

I’ve never understood the gas price shoppers. I have never even looked in advance to see what the cost of gas is. I guess if you can save a few bucks by going across the street that’s one thing, but to spend a lot of time looking around, or driving all over town, absolutely ridiculous to me. Some people must do it though because I hear people talking about gas prices like they do the weather.

I’ve never understood the gas price shoppers. I have never even looked in advance to see what the cost of gas is. I guess if you can save a few bucks by going across the street that’s one thing, but to spend a lot of time looking around, or driving all over town, absolutely ridiculous to me. Some people must do it though because I hear people talking about gas prices like they do the weather.

its called an app

takes 5 sec to get a list of prices

plus you can obviously avoid BP as they are always too high and usually run down

That’s what the gas buddy app does for you. It also notifies you when prices go up. It does pay for me to shop prices when Indiana can be 25 cents.gal cheaper, and I’m using 50-60 gal/week.

its called an app

takes 5 sec to get a list of prices

plus you can obviously avoid BP as they are always too high and usually run down

But how much are you realistically saving? Again, if it were a matter of going across the street it’s one thing , but I’m not driving out of my way to save a dollar or two. That’s just me. Then again a tank of gas could last me two or three months unless I am driving out of town.

But how much are you realistically saving? Again, if it were a matter of going across the street it’s one thing , but I’m not driving out of my way to save a dollar or two. That’s just me. Then again a tank of gas could last me two or three months unless I am driving out of town.

are you saying you just drive around randomly and whenever its on E, you just get the nearest place?

i highly doubt that

i know where the 3 or 4 cheapest per city are that i frequent

and when i pass those places from about 1/4 tank of gas to 1/8 of a tank, i stop

when driving on highways, i usually start noticing signs throughout and find what i think is the cheapest then stop

i actually find it interesting to view gas prices when driving....not one of those people that stare at other people as they pass or i pass them

are you saying you just drive around randomly and whenever its on E, you just get the nearest place?

i highly doubt that

and when i pass those places from about 1/4 tank of gas to 1/8 of a tank, i stop

when driving on highways, i usually start noticing signs throughout and find what i think is the cheapest then stop

i actually find it interesting to view gas prices when driving....not of those people that stare at other people as they pass or i pass them

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Although I don’t wait until it’s on E...usually.

I couldn’t tell you if gas is a dollar a gallon or three dollars a gallon right now. Like I said, I don’t fill up often and when I do, I usually just do it at the grocery store because I get a discount from my groceries. If I’m on the road I just go to first place I see when I need it.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Although I don’t wait until it’s on E...usually.

I couldn’t tell you if gas is a dollar a gallon or three dollars a gallon right now. Like I said, I don’t fill up often and when I do, I usually just do it at the grocery store because I get a discount from my groceries. If I’m on the road I just go to first place I see when I need it.

so you do price shop

and on the road, i prefer to view those large signs including food places...what are you looking at??

If your eyes are open(which they are), you can see the gas prices in a glance, and make a decision where to go in  an instant(unless if you're a moron with slow thinking). Saving 5 or 10 cents a gallon adds up. Try an experiment, for the next couple fill ups go to the cheapest place, fill up and then drop a buck on the ground and drive off(hey, it's only a buck), see if that makes sense?

i highly doubt that

i actually find it interesting to view gas prices when driving....not one of those people that stare at other people as they pass or i pass them

You poor