Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup JBD is right about you

So males never get sexually assaulted?

No soup kitchens, what kinda of world do you even live in

All those tent cities keep growing

Some people just don’t have the support system like us

Bad luck and poor health are a contributing factor as well

You're right, bad luck does play a part, that's why short term help is always available, either from the govt or other charitable/religious organizations.

Throwing in sexual assault as a possible reason for homelessness(giant tent cities full of  them) is rather amusing, iI's not going to sway a discussion on the topic however. :laugh

People make choices and end up living with the consequences, lots of lazy, drug addicted, mentally ill, and just ignorant people out there. Your good is bad/bad is good viewpoint is fairly common among people that would rather not face reality.

That reality is going to be a cold slap in the face when blacks and others who have seen their lives improve, vote to re-elect trump in unprecedented numbers.

You are lumping mentally ill in with the lazy, drug addicted and “just ignorant?”

I doubt too many are homeless because they are “lazy.” It would seem like it would take a whole lot more effort to be homeless than to have a job.

So not collecting social specify yet? Better hope he doesn’t have a health failure and outlive his money. Nursing homes are spendy...$100k a year.

My guess is he lived at home most of his adult life

Worked in a factory/mill that had defined pension plan

Lived cheap so he retire early and troll people on the interwebs

My guess is he lived at home most of his adult life

Worked in a factory/mill that had defined pension plan

Lived cheap so he retire early and troll people on the interwebs

Mikeman says he worked for a pharma company. So probably retired with benefits.

He has the I've got mine, now you get yours mentality. Works really well until they decide to take yours.

Mikeman says he worked for a pharma company. So probably retired with benefits.

He has the I've got mine, now you get yours mentality. Works really well until they decide to take yours.

He said he had a 401k, but only had 330k in it, so if he’s only 57 or whatever, certainly has something else?

Yeah. I had a defined benefit plan that would’ve paid me $5000 per month on an early retirement assuming I worked another X number of years at the company ...which I would have. However it went away like so many of those plans. think they gave me 30k or something payout. Sounds good when you are young and sounds like a lot of money, until you focus on what they took from you over a 30 year retirement period.

He said he had a 401k, but only had 330k in it, so if he’s only 57 or whatever, certainly has something else?

Yeah. I had a defined benefit plan that would’ve paid me $5000 per month on an early retirement assuming I worked another X number of years at the company ...which I would have. However it went away like so many of those plans. think they gave me 30k or something payout. Sounds good when you are young and sounds like a lot of money, until you focus on what they took from you over a 30 year retirement period.

Yes, he probably has a pretty good pension with a drug company. Anybody that is as right wing as he is you can always be sure either has a union job or works for the government. So he pretty much probably has it all since he basically covered them all.

Yes, he probably has a pretty good pension with a drug company. Anybody that is as right wing as he is you can always be sure either has a union job or works for the government. So he pretty much probably has it all since he basically covered them all.

Merlin definitely has a sense of entitlement

He didn’t even think soup kitchens still existed

5 years ago I agreed with Dawn Foods to help feed the homeless

Originally it was supposed to be once a month but now we’re doing it bi-weekly and they want me to do it weekly soon

I don’t mind helping out but they want it on the weekends so that’s a hassle

Originally it was supposed to be once a month but now we’re doing it bi-weekly and they want me to do it weekly soon

Yes, they all have the same mindset. They have no idea what a revolution is or believe one is possible.

I didn’t think most companies would offer both a pension and a 401(k). Who knows. In any case, if he’s eating expired mean he’s probably not living too high on the hog.

I just think it’s ironic when people who condemn and patronize anyone on the system....and I have never been btw... but to act all high and mighty when in reality, most could be done in with one health issue that sends you to an early nursing home, which can wipe out your savings quickly, and then you’re living on Medicaid on the people’s dime.

Unless he’s got over 2 million in the bank, he shouldn’t get too cocky....possible he still ends up living on welfare in form of Medicaid..There but by the grace of God go we all.

I didn’t think most companies would offer both a pension and a 401(k). Who knows. In any case, if he’s eating expired mean he’s probably not living too high on the hog.

I just think it’s ironic when people who condemn and patronize anyone on the system....and I have never been btw... but to act all high and mighty when in reality, most could be done in with one health issue that sends you to an early nursing home, which can wipe out your savings quickly, and then you’re living on Medicaid on the people’s dime.

Unless he’s got over 2 million in the bank, he shouldn’t get too cocky....possible he still ends up living on welfare in form of Medicaid..There but by the grace of God go we all.

Yes, you can have both. Most companies have gotten rid of pensions but the companies that just roll in money like the drug companies and defense industry still have them because they have to answer to the govt and they can't just tell their employees to go to hell. 

He is an early retiree so he has some of this taken care of. Pretty much impossible that you wouldn't have if you retire from a drug company. Those are premium benefits.

No pension, no benefits after i retired, wouldn't expect any, My roth IRA has a bit more than my 401K(both  have made nice gains in the last year), and then I've got all my non- retirement money I've saved over the years(eating spoiled meat and using coupons adds up over the years), I'm on easy street.  In 4 years   I start SS, dont have the faintest clue what I'll do with all the  money, i make far more than I spend now.

One of the benefits of being retired is I can spend all day here, sharing my wisdom with all of my friends.  :lol

It sure is wonderful that food stamp use is way down with this roaring economy huh?  Let me ask you since you hang out with bums all the time, dont you ever want to just slap them in the face and say "go out and get a fucking job, everyplace in town has a sign out"? Or maybe you have(in a nicer way), what do they say?

So I guess you don’t understand what the word friends mean either

Like I said if you’re so well off give back to society

Volunteer at a shelter and see how the other half live

I dont believe in volunteering, The only people who do that are steers and queers. i remember when I was a kid, we lived in suburban chicago, sometimes dad  would say "who want's to see the bums" , and he'd load us into the car and drive to chicago, we'd all roll up the windows , lock the doors, and he'd drive around pointing out the bums drinking out of paper sacks, etc, it was a fine saturday afternoon with the family.

No pension, no benefits after i retired, wouldn't expect any, My roth IRA has a bit more than my 401K(both  have made nice gains in the last year), and then I've got all my non- retirement money I've saved over the years(eating spoiled meat and using coupons adds up over the years), I'm on easy street.  In 4 years   I start SS, dont have the faintest clue what I'll do with all the  money, i make far more than I spend now.

One of the benefits of being retired is I can spend all day here, sharing my wisdom with all of my friends.  :lol

So you have an ObamaCare policy?

So you have an ObamaCare policy?

You bet I do, saving me a bundle, since I retired my primary objective is to become  a parasite on society, no more give, no more pay, only take, take, take. iI's kinda fun, no more paying into SS, no more(or very little) taxes paid,  here in MN we get a property tax break based on your income, which will save me close to half. Cant wait till I get SS(at 62), I'm gonna milk this cow till the teats are red and swollen!  :cigar

You bet I do, saving me a bundle, since I retired my primary objective is to become  a parasite on society, no more give, no more pay, only take, take, take. iI's kinda fun, no more paying into SS, no more(or very little) taxes paid,  here in MN we get a property tax break based on your income, which will save me close to half. Cant wait till I get SS(at 62), I'm gonna milk this cow till the teats are red and swollen!  :cigar

You are in pretty good shape then. Your income is low so ObamaCare is basically free and you will always get medical care, But if you can't pay for it, you can just declare bankruptcy because they can't get your retirement accounts. So you are pretty well set.