Bitcoin thread

plommer

What i dont get is i buy 1k of bit coin.

Deposit in book.

Couldn't i lose money before i even wager due to falling price?

In a bitcoin book? Yes.

If you are sending to a normal book the coins are converted to $ value instantly. If you need to deposit with them, I'd get my coinbase account verified first with a v. small deposit, then you can do instant deposits and not worry about price fluctuation. Or better yet just use it for payouts.

Yea you can theoretically win all your bets and lose money if the price crashes.

BetVIP delayed paying a friend of mine some 70 coin for almost 2 months. Bitcoin dropped from $400usd to $200usd in that time. So they paid him the full 70coin but it had lost half it's real value.

In a bitcoin book? Yes.

If you are sending to a normal book the coins are converted to $ value instantly. If you need to deposit with them, I'd get my coinbase account verified first with a v. small deposit, then you can do instant deposits and not worry about price fluctuation. Or better yet just use it for payouts.

Good info. Thanks for clarifying. Going to take your route.

I need a bitcoin 101 crash course. Where do i go to get info. For the past couple years if i wanted to put funds in offshore account i would use visa or pay by voucher. Should i just stick to pbv and visa? Or is bitcoin cheap fees easier to use? Ever since i first heard the name bitcoin i pretty much turned my head to looking into it more. Thank for any info you might have.

I've never deposited to Bookmaker. So today I thought I'd make a deposit to show my appreciation for the freeroll tourneys they sponsor here at TGF.

I sent close to the minimum bitcoin allowed $22 - just to make sure everything is working on their end. Glad i only sent a little. My deposit was never credited and there was no way i was going to send any more until I got the first deposit to go through. that was at 7:30AM Eastern.

Its almost noon and after a half dozen phone calls and emails nothing.

My deposits of $20 & $200 to Heritage went through immediately. Bookmaker saying the deposits were "cancelled" and the funds sent back to my wallet - they weren't and I provided screenshots and the link to the transaction, the funds are clearly sitting in the bitcoin address their cashier provided to me.

Have a look.

https://blockchain.info/address/1BqS...PdRDPR7LMEFBYF

See how it has a balance of over $22 and the bitcoin amount is

0.09123558 BTC.0.09123558 BTC

So the funds are sitting their

Thank god you only sent a little to try it out. first time doing Bitcoin I was concerned with it as well, but all went smoothly. I looked to try out a new book this morning, but hated the payout options, but they had Bitcoin, but you had to deposit bitcoin to get a payout that way and I don't care to do that. I'm sure it'd all go fine, but rather deal with Bitcoin only when necessary.

I've never deposited to Bookmaker. So today I thought I'd make a deposit to show my appreciation for the freeroll tourneys they sponsor here at TGF.

I sent close to the minimum bitcoin allowed $22 - just to make sure everything is working on their end. Glad i only sent a little. My deposit was never credited and there was no way i was going to send any more until I got the first deposit to go through. that was at 7:30AM Eastern.

Its almost noon and after a half dozen phone calls and emails nothing.

My deposits of $20 & $200 to Heritage went through immediately. Bookmaker saying the deposits were "cancelled" and the funds sent back to my wallet - they weren't and I provided screenshots and the link to the transaction, the funds are clearly sitting in the bitcoin address their cashier provided to me.

Have a look.

https://blockchain.info/address/1BqS...PdRDPR7LMEFBYF

See how it has a balance of over $22 and the bitcoin amount is

0.09123558 BTC.0.09123558 BTC

So the funds are sitting their

Weird I've done a few deposits and payouts without issue there.

They finally figured it out.

Scary when you hit the send button and you see the coin gone from your bitcoin wallet but nothing on the other end.

Bookmaker was good about everything eventually. The clerks don't understand bitcoin and kept telling be that if my deposit is rejected the funds are automatically sent back to me, that isn't the case as anyone familiar with bitcoin knows.

it's all good now.