OT: here’s why I can drink on the job and still make $

Teddy kgb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff is gravy compared to crawling under someone's house to do plumbing work.

It’s harder then you might think......that’s 14” pipe you see in that trench and you ain’t lifting that even with a team of guys...

I set the pieces in place and drove them in with a digging bar, that was after cutting the trench and bedding with sand, the crew will be on the ass end of shovels along with running a dirt whacker tomorrow during backfill

I take most my time off during backfill days because it’s just a bunch of meatheads putting dirt back in a hole so I’ll be using up some of those hours I saved at the local pub....

The only problem I see with Tedward’s solution is his co-worker see him taking shortcuts on the job

I don’t show everyone and those that I do, I explain why we do it and when it’s not ok....

But I hear what you’re saying....I showed a guy a pipe weld trick by cutting a window in and welding from the inside out when in a pinch......we went to another job together years later and he had more windows in the piping then the building had

I don’t show everyone and those that I do, I explain why we do it and when it’s not ok....

But I hear what you’re saying....I showed a guy a pipe weld trick by cutting a window in and welding from the inside out when in a pinch......we went to another job together years later and he had more windows in the piping then the building had

Let me guess,he liked to drink as well?

One time I hired a plumber to install a bathroom in the upstairs of the shop.There was some existing plumbing already inside of the wall.Well he decides to splice a piece of copper pipe to make it look like the entire piece was an inch I believe to make it look like it was up to code without telling me.The building inspector catches this and freaks out.Surprisingly he went brankrupt a couple years latter which is hard to do in our economy

Dingo, I have a similar story....

I charged a guy $500 (cheap) to install a clean out over his toilet at his business, I go with the industry standard height and first swing into the wall I hit an exsisting clean out that was buried in the wall....

I stayed in the restroom for about 45min before walking out and saying ‘your all set’

I charged a guy $500 (cheap) to install a clean out over his toilet at his business, I go with the industry standard height and first swing into the wall I hit an exsisting clean out that was buried in the wall....

I stayed in the restroom for about 45min before walking out and saying ‘your all set’

Lol

That’s not actually similar

The guy tried to pull one on the inspector kinda like what you are doing on this job

Victoria is a small city,I imagine the inspector told his co workers what happened and they made it difficult for him

After all most inspectors are failed contractors so they have a chip on their shoulder

Anyways I hope you don’t get caught

Unbelievable this guy. What did you do for those 45 minutes?