Does anyone here tithe 10% of their income? As fishead would say "Church is -EV"

po69

If you are referring strictly to churches, I don’t currently attend. but periodically I give some to the church of my youth....not much...far more to other charity.

Many churches do a lot of good though.

I don't know of hardly any good churches do. And that is the primary reason conservatives donate more because it goes to churches and it just goes back into the operation of the church which is little more than a social club of like-minded people.

I don't know of hardly any good churches do. And that is the primary reason conservatives donate more because it goes to churches and it just goes back into the operation of the church which is little more than a social club of like-minded people.

I don’t know what experience you have, but the churches around here do plenty of good, and they are far more than social clubs. Seems like most of the people who have issues with organized religion grew up Catholic...did you by chance? ...just an observation.

And it is not just churches to which conservatives donate more, but it may obviously be because of religious principles/beliefs.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2006/12/06/who-gives-to-charity-n841567

Check out Christian charity Samaritan’s Purse.....they do good work. In any case, I know there are a lot of bad seeds as in organization, and the idea of prosperity gospel pushed by the Joel Osteens and other mega churches are controversial, but there are also good churches that do so much for the community...at least in the Midwest.

My girl and I would do the same.We had ccd every Wednesday and those baskets were never locked up

CCD...haven’t heard that for a while... That was such a mysterious term to us Protestants....I remember my Catholic friends saying they had to go to “CCD” every week.....had no idea what that was at the time.

I don’t know what experience you have, but the churches around here do plenty of good, and they are far more than social clubs. Seems like most of the people who have issues with organized religion grew up Catholic...did you by chance? ...just an observation.

And it is not just churches to which conservatives donate more, but it may obviously be because of religious principles/beliefs.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2006/12/06/who-gives-to-charity-n841567

Check out Christian charity Samaritan’s Purse.....they do good work. In any case, I know there are a lot of bad seeds as in organization, and the idea of prosperity gospel pushed by the Joel Osteens and other mega churches are controversial, but there are also good churches that do so much for the community...at least in the Midwest.

No, I grew up Southern Baptist. I have quite a bit of experience with religion and living in Texas we live under their rule. I know what they do and it ain't much. The amount of money that gets donated to religious organizationd that actually winds up helping people is very small. Basically it all goes back into the church and various events..

Also the basis of this is from Arthur Brooks who is a right-wing propagandist that runs the American Enterprise Institute and he likes to tell conservatives want they want to hear.