Time of year to give a little bit.

housepicks

If anyone wanted to donate let me know. I went out and spent a couple hundred tonight. Burlington coat factory gave me 15% off which was nice. Manager at Target said she didn’t have the authority to do anything.

Guys are bringing in $10 toys, which I guess is kinda typical. I’m trying to get a bunch of Nintendo classics so the older kids can have something decent. Fucking matchbox cars aren’t as hot an item as they used to be.

Shoot me your paypal House.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you King. Just got off the phone with a knights of Columbus guy who’s daughter i actually used to coach.

Some of the clothing actually goes to Mexicans getting booted out of the country. You wanna buy a poor kid a video game system or you wanna buy some illegal aliens some coats. Choice is yours.I will go right after work and buy whichever one.

How about you King. Just got off the phone with a knights of Columbus guy who’s daughter i actually used to coach.

Some of the clothing actually goes to Mexicans getting booted out of the country. You wanna buy a poor kid a video game system or you wanna buy some illegal aliens some coats. Choice is yours.I will go right after work and buy whichever one.

No offense, but I don't like religion (especially Catholics) taking credit for my donations, so no.

Worried about religion “taking credit.” Funny. At Christmas no less. That being lolled, there are many good charitable organizations and everyone is entitled to give to those which best represent their beliefs/interests.

I call it X-mas. Holiday isn't even about Jesus anymore- way too commercial. But it's definitely a time to give and a break from the harshness of the world, that's why I celebrate.

But I'm not going to give to Catholicism. They have money for fancy lawyers and to pay children they've molested over the years. Now they want people like me to donate for them so they can then take all the credit? "Look what the Church got for you, little Jose." No thank you!

Worried about religion “taking credit.” Funny. At Christmas no less. That being lolled, there are many good charitable organizations and everyone is entitled to give to those which best represent their beliefs/interests.

I don’t give a shit about their silly “beliefs”

I care what % of donated money goes to help vs what % goes to executives and administrators

I assumed House was donating the stuff directly to little Timmy, Juan, and DeAndre himself. Guess I should have actually read it. Either way a good thing, though!

Me and my kids will be helping wrap the gifts. My church has banded with a few other church for a giving tree program. They work to find underprivileged kids in the local and surrounding areas and they pick 3 general items and put in on a card and the card goes on Christmas trees. The knights get copies of the cards and fill the requests.That’s why I’m going after these NES classics because those will fill the video game system need.

Food items are dispersed very locally to me as are toiletries. Clothes are dispersed locally and overflow are outsourced. Little kid toys are local and outsourced further.

I won’t be handing out the gifts directly but I will be close enough to know the names of the kids that are getting the stuff.

Our priest will be there helping as well. He jokes he sees me everywhere around the place except in the church.

We laugh.