Stocks going off a cliff

Brock Landers

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they do to the extent of your winnings...not sure that you can carryover the $3000 like on regular capital losses though...pretty sure you can’t.

Yes only if you itemized. Standard deduction is now 12,000, 18,000, 24,000. Single, Hoh, MFJ respectively. In most cases IRS considers gambling as a hobby, not an investment or business.

You can now do your taxes on a post card. Lol

Yes only if you itemized. Standard deduction is now 12,000, 18,000, 24,000. Single, Hoh, MFJ respectively. In most cases IRS considers gambling as a hobby, not an investment or business.

You can now do your taxes on a post card. Lol

Not quite a post card, but considering only 10-15% of people will still itemize, for the rest there is no excuse for bitching about "how hard it is to do your taxes".

Really? What about small business owners. Sch C income, sch E income? The OBID? Section 199A?

What about them, is it harder than it was...nope? Nothing is perfect, but this 1 yr old tax law is making it easier for most. Rates went down across the board, std deduction. doubled, and some tax breaks are gone to compensate for the first two facts.

What about them, is it harder than it was...nope? Nothing is perfect, but this 1 yr old tax law is making it easier for most. Rates went down across the board, std deduction. doubled, and some tax breaks are gone to compensate for the first two facts.

If you own a specific service industry business do you get to take the OBI deduction? Is so explain please?

I didn’t say harder, but not easier...and lol if you don’t think it’s a nightmare for serious traders.

I dont make a ton of trades, maybe 20 last year, without the auto download it would be a total pain I agree, with that it's easy peasy. What are you guys whining about anyway, buying and selling, keeping track of capital gains(long and short term), offsettinng losses, capital loss carryforwards, etc, is all part of investing. Small timers likely use tax software, serious traders  will pay an accountant, it is what it is.

Got to have an accountant do the paperwork if you do too many trades. I do maybe 2500 trades a year :laugh

I dk how many my brother does but I’m guessing way more than that. He is a CPA and was VP of Tax for a big corp though, so he does his own...but I know it takes him a lot of time.

When I was complaining about the new crypto deal clarifying everything being a taxable event, I’m not sure he felt that sorry for me as has always been that was for traders.

White House off its rails, Stock Markets plunging, National Security Chief quits as part of his massive protest, Traitor in the WH makes an illegal appointment to AG slot, Traitor in the White House part of the cover-up team of the murder of an American resident reporter, Traitor in the White House closing in on 10,000 lies in 2 years, and lastly Traitor in the White House on the verge of shutting down the Government 3 days prior to Christmas.