Is JOEL OSTEEN a part of your life?

FISHHEAD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most religious people dislike Joel Osteen.  It's like Christianity Lite.

All religions are like clubs or fraternities.  A group of people with a shared belief system.

After adding in the fact that each religious group believes that they are God's chosen people, and that they are the one's doing God's work here on Earth - while other religions are the work of the Devil..... and these enlightened  individuals amongst us just can't help having this feeling that they are superior to those others that have been misled.

They will, of course, convince themselves that this feeling of superiority does not exist - but deep down inside, they KNOW that they are going to heaven while those others are NOT.

None of these people, it seems, ever stop to consider that of the thousands of religions that have been imagined - the MOST that can be true is ONE.  That means that over 99% of these flights of fancy are fake news - even if one of them turns out to be true against all odds.

Turns out religious people are the worst gamblers.

He's an inspiration

Many children feel inspired to stay childlike while watching Peter Pan.  The Tooth Fairy inspires many children to learn how to handle money.

Being "inspired" to believe in religious fairy tales can mollify the fears of cavemen.  But, I think that people would be better off seeking the truth of reality rather than the comfort of wishful thinking.

However, there are many who would rather not know the truth if it meant that cherished beliefs had to be tossed.

• 1 month later...

People are paying money to go watch this fraud speak?  

Not like in Church, for free.  But actually paying money.  Like this guy is putting on a concert.  

:laugh

Suckers. 

I've never seen him, is it just your typical religious shit? Plus I'd be willing to bet he has a collection as well, pay to attend and then get hit with the collection plate. :doh

I've never seen him, is it just your typical religious shit? Plus I'd be willing to bet he has a collection as well, pay to attend and then get hit with the collection plate. :doh

Ive never seen him either.  So don't know.  Just seen him on TV a couple of times and it was a enough to almost puke.  

And yes, I would almost guarantee they ask for money in some form or fashion during the pathetic display they put on. 

Ive never seen him either.  So don't know.  Just seen him on TV a couple of times and it was a enough to almost puke.  

And yes, I would almost guarantee they ask for money in some form or fashion during the pathetic display they put on. 

Well, i dont like fuckers like that, i think they're all crooks(see jim and tammy fay)...but if you dont watch him, and I dont watch him, why should anyone care if people out there feel differently than us?

It's a free country, it still is, but we really dont have any say, for instance, i cant stand "walks for life", breast cancer, etc. I think they're the dumbest things in the world, if you want money for charity just ask for it, running around a lake accomplishes nothing, but i would never hurl insults at them.