What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

IAG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shaphire lounges are straight poverty compared to the Amex centurion ones. There aren’t many , but I always why out of sfo where there’s one , plus Reno and Vegas both have them.

there is no centurion lounge in reno (at least there didn't used to be)... san francisco/vegas/dallas/miami/seattle/houston/philly

anyone with a platinum/black amex can get into those, if you're in those cities

what i was saying is originally the sapphire reserve let you get into ANY club with 2 guests, then they started limiting it... last year we didn't want to walk to delta in seattle so we got into the alaska air club, which had nice fresh pancakes and top shelf booze and 0 people other than us/chef/bartender

there is no centurion lounge in reno (at least there didn't used to be)... san francisco/vegas/dallas/miami/seattle/houston/philly

what i was saying is originally the sapphire reserve let you get into ANY club with 2 guests, then they started limiting it... last year we didn't want to walk to delta in seattle so we got into the alaska air club, which had nice fresh pancakes and top shelf booze and 0 people other than us/chef/bartender

Ahhh yea. I rarely used the priority pass lounges bc they were always so packed. Read they got limited as too many people had taken advantage of those chase shaphire deals

Ahhh yea. I rarely used the priority pass lounges bc they were always so packed. Read they got limited as too many people had taken advantage of those chase shaphire deals

exactly, just like amex starting limiting access to the really good booze at the centurion lounges

now unless you sweet talk the bartender you have to be black card to get the best stuff and the private area

Changing my “songs to be at memorial service” list around. Counting crows’ Rain King out....REM’s Find the River IN. Will probably change another few times in the coming decades....assuming I make it that long.

saw counting crows in concert 3 times

one time they played rain king for like 15 minutes, another time they played a really weird version of anna begins for 15 minutes and people were leaving... the other time was at a milwaukee all-star game event where they did a nice normal set but i was in the front row lying on the grass half dead with a cold/drugged out  :laugh

You were right , the Reno one is an Amex “escape “ lounge. Basically just a smaller centurion lounge.

I remember when me and my brother did a couple hours worth of yard work when we were kids, including mowing the lawns.  We got done and walked in the house.  My Dad asked us if we were done.  Yes Dad.  

He goes out and takes a good look.  Walks back in and says our work was pathetic.  Get our asses back out there and do it right.  And you better not walk back in that door until it's right.  

I thought we did a pretty good job.  But I guess not.  So we went back out there for a couple of hours and detailed it up.  

We never got our asses kicked when we went back in the house.  So I assumed we did OK with round 2. 

I remember when me and my brother did a couple hours worth of yard work when we were kids, including mowing the lawns.  We got done and walked in the house.  My Dad asked us if we were done.  Yes Dad.  

He goes out and takes a good look.  Walks back in and says our work was pathetic.  Get our asses back out there and do it right.  And you better not walk back in that door until it's right.  

I thought we did a pretty good job.  But I guess not.  So we went back out there for a couple of hours and detailed it up.  

We never got our asses kicked when we went back in the house.  So I assumed we did OK with round 2. 

* my brother and I