MMA: Smith vs. Jones RD 1 props

MadTiger

I think that round 1 is the only shot Smith has against Jones. If he is going to win, it will be by a first-round miracle. This fight is the epitome of "a puncher's chance" for this first round. If, by some miracle, it goes to a second round, Smith's chances drop precipitously. That's the best word for it.

Smith TKO at any price is like a mini-Lotto ticket.

I don't think I've paid enough attention to Smith.  But hasn't Jones started somewhat slow with his attacking in past few fights?

Smith hammered a couple old guys then beat Oezdemir.  May have to go back and watch that fight to see how he started.

could just be a 1st rd full of 27 jon jones oblique kicks.

Hopefully/Should be a an exciting card.  That Zabit/Stephens fight should be awesome.  Would be great to see Lawler clip Askren too.

could just be a 1st rd full of 27 jon jones oblique kicks.

That would be sadistic.

Look for something like that if Jones wants to punish Anthony Smith. Jones claimed he wanted to put him away as fast as possible, though.

EDIT: I hope they get assigned a ref who is not going to tolerate that eyepoking shit.

That would be sadistic.

Look for something like that if Jones wants to punish Anthony Smith. Jones claimed he wanted to put him away as fast as possible, though.

EDIT: I hope they get assigned a ref who is not going to tolerate that eyepoking shit.

Those oblique kicks make me wince more than seeing someone apply a kimura.

I don't know if I've ever seen Jones rush to finish an opponent quickly.  maybe it's just the person he's fighting is very cautious as well to not push the pace from the get go and just go with a "feel out" process for the first round.  I don't think he's pushes the pace from the beginning.  No clue if Smith is the type to bring out of the gate pressure.

Those oblique kicks make me wince more than seeing someone apply a kimura.

I don't know if I've ever seen Jones rush to finish an opponent quickly.  maybe it's just the person he's fighting is very cautious as well to not push the pace from the get go and just go with a "feel out" process for the first round.  I don't think he's pushes the pace from the beginning.  No clue if Smith is the type to bring out of the gate pressure.

Even if he's not normally, HE HAS TO for this one. He has no other path to victory in a normal fight (no freak accidents, no point deductions, etc.).