Help me abuse this credit card promo

WVU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City rewards card rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase. This means you get 10 points for a single dollar purchase instead of 1 point. There is no cap on the amount of purchases rounded up.

This is very abusable. Let's hear some ideas.

Who is going to let you make a $1 charge on a credit Card? Maybe I’m not following. How much would you get for for two dollar purchase? Is 10 points the minimum?

So according to the above in the second little area it says you will earn one point per dollar spent, but then it says it rounds up to 10, so you really earn ten for one? What is the reward point schedule? These usually look fairly straightforward to me, but this one is confusing imo.

Who is going to let you make a $1 charge on a credit Card? Maybe I’m not following. How much would you get for for two dollar purchase? Is 10 points the minimum?

Why couldn't you charge a $1 purchase? $2 purchases earn the same 10 points, but a 10% free bonus is better than 5

So according to the above in the second little area it says you will earn one point per dollar spent, but then it says it rounds up to 10, so you really earn ten for one? What is the reward point schedule? These usually look fairly straightforward to me, but this one is confusing imo.

You get 15,000 points bonus when you spend 1000 in 3 months

Why couldn't you charge a $1 purchase? $2 purchases earn the same 10 points, but a 10% free bonus is better than 5

I read the further and got the concepts. I don’t know I thought most places had a minimum purchase amount to use a credit card. I’m just trying to think if I’ve ever bought anything on a credit card for a dollar.

You get 15,000 points bonus when you spend 1000 in 3 months

I meant how do they translate to cash/guftcard etc. Some that I have had things costing more points than others for similar things although they accrue at the same rate. It looks like you can get cashback on this though at the rate of 1% so certainly you seem to be right about definite EV situation.

I meant how do they translate to cash/guftcard etc. Some that I have had things costing more points than others for similar things although they accrue at the same rate. It looks like you can get cashback on this though at the rate of 1% so certainly you seem to be right about definite EV situation.

You can turn points into statement credit and then get a check for the surplus

You can turn points into statement credit and then get a check for the surplus

Cool. Chase does that too but they will directly deposit into your bank account. That’s nice. Hey I ran across a house you should buy, fix up and sell. Or who is the flipper here? It’s in Cincinnati.

Cool. Chase does that too but they will directly deposit into your bank account. That’s nice. Hey I ran across a house you should buy, fix up and sell. Or who is the flipper here? It’s in Cincinnati.

I flipped a few but am out of the game. I'm always looking for cheap land though

I flipped a few but am out of the game. I'm always looking for cheap land though

Don’t mean to hijack, but if you have some time sometime maybe you (or anyone) can still give me your opinion on this. There is obviously work to be done. My friend lives a couple blocks from here and wants us to buy and open a bookstore/café/ type thing in there. It’s weird though.... there is a mother-in-law suite type thing on the top floor but no picture of the kitchen downstairs. It’s like somebody wanted to update from top down and ran out of money. Price history is weird.

If you do, Watch the virtual tour..not the photo gallery ...shows the sunroom better.

https://www.oldhousedreams.com/2019/02/25/1911-tudor-revival-cincinnati-oh/

Don’t mean to hijack, but if you have some time sometime maybe you (or anyone) can still give me your opinion on this. There is obviously work to be done. My friend lives a couple blocks from here and wants us to buy and open a bookstore/café/ type thing in there. It’s weird though.... there is a mother-in-law suite type thing on the top floor but no picture of the kitchen downstairs. It’s like somebody wanted to update from top down and ran out of money. Price history is weird.

If you do, Watch the virtual tour..not the photo gallery ...shows the sunroom better.https://www.oldhousedreams.com/2019/02/25/1911-tudor-revival-cincinnati-oh/

Wow, I love the house. Historical registry scares me though. Let me look at this more. Beautiful exterior. Love this place!!