Any Tesla owners here?

WVU

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like while Teslas might be a fine automobile, tesla as a company is little more than a ponzi scheme. Everytime they get short of cash, they announce the "launch" of a new vehicle(that doesn't exist) in order to get pre-deposits which they can put on their books, masking their enormous cash troubles.

A couple days ago they put out a request for their employees to volunteer their time to help deliver cars, this after laying off many employees over the last few months,   with qtr end coming up getting cars delivered will make it look like the 1st qtr was decent and meet expectations.

Tesla may not make it in the long run, and their stock will almost certainly decline.

You know nothing about it's cars and the company.

Who, me? I didn't make the video. :lol

IMO in a few years, Musk and Madoff will be used in the same sentence. And i would know, I lost a fair amt of money in the Madoff ponzi scheme that my employer foolishly invested our profit sharing in. Ended up getting about 2/3s back.

What's the market for your car in 2-5 years?

Market only as solid as company. True depriciation only a guess.

Risk

i am never getting rid of this car, but Tesla’s retain their value better than most cars. I looked at buying used but prices are jacked up everywhere on these cars.

i am never getting rid of this car, but Tesla’s retain their value better than most cars. I looked at buying used but prices are jacked up everywhere on these cars.

estimates, no reliable data

If Tesla takes a dive in the upcoming downturn those estimates won't hold.

Drive it forever that's not your issue other than asset value.

You like it better than your Mercedes?

without a doubt.  Completely different driving experience.  I have a Tesla Stats app that lets me use Siri commands like "unlock car" and scheduled climate and charging times.  I set the AC to cool the car before I get into it. The interior temperature never gets too hot sitting in the sun as the car automatically blows the hot (or cold) air out while it is parked.  It is also much more fun to drive than my Benz.

estimates, no reliable data

If Tesla takes a dive in the upcoming downturn those estimates won't hold.

Drive it forever that's not your issue other than asset value.

Tesla is not going anywhere.  They are one of the top selling cars in the world now and the top selling luxury car in the US.  They could certainly change ownership, but I don't see that happening either.

Tesla is not going anywhere. They are one of the top selling cars in the world now and the top selling luxury car in the US. They could certainly change ownership, but I don't see that happening either.

No, they are much too advanced to disapear for sure.

Tesla is not a car company, its a battery company that makes cars.

Whoever controls battery components/commodities controls Tesla's future. That is a tough call right now in today's economic climate.

No, they are much too advanced to disapear for sure.

Tesla is not a car company, its a battery company that makes cars.

Whoever controls battery components/commodities controls Tesla's future. That is a tough call right now in today's economic climate.

Tesla batteries will be in most all cars in 5-15 years.  You are right about them being a battery company that happens to make cars.