Remembering Kurt Cobain, 25 years later

Brock Landers

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were around then, you probably remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news. It was one of those rare, rare cultural moments, the same sort of thing felt with the assassination of John Lennon on Monday, December 8, 1980, and the death of Elvis on Tuesday, August 16, 1977.

The guy was messed up.

Courtney Love was such a slut, she fucked anybody that walked.

That cum dumpster Courtesy Love let anybody fuck her.

Drug-Addicted and every STD known to clinical science.

Sticking your dick into Courtney Love was like sticking it in to a Jar of Infected Puss.

Her problem was that she never learned how to suck a good dick.

She was too busy get trained by 20 bums at a time on Skid Row.

That is why Cobain killed himself, Love didn't suck cock good enough.

Cobain was overrated anyway.

Piece of shit little bitch.

His band sucked so bad, that he had to kill himself to sell records.

Suicide was a good career move for that sorry little punk.

RIP :cigar

If you were around then, you probably remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news. It was one of those rare, rare cultural moments, the same sort of thing felt with the assassination of John Lennon on Monday, December 8, 1980, and the death of Elvis on Tuesday, August 16, 1977.

That is bullshit, too.

Here is how it went down.

1) Cobain offed himself

2) That piece of shit fame-whoring bitch on MTV (Kurt Loder) played Nirvana Unplugged a million times in a row.

3) A bunch of stupid fucks who didn't know shit about Cobain were acting like they cared.

4) Cobain"s death was about as significant as a cockroach getting squashed in a back alley.

At that point I never considered his death on that level. I’m in the minority but I don’t think he was at that level today.

Nobody considered his death on that level

Cobain is just another dead junkie.

Back then, that overrated junkie fuck was less relevant than a hummingbird fart in a hurricane.

Today, he doesn't even register a blip.

Footnote to history.

Nobody considered his death on that level

Cobain is just another dead junkie.

Back then, that overrated junkie fuck was less relevant than a hummingbird fart in a hurricane.

Today, he doesn't even register a blip.

Footnote to history.

Eh, the millennials do. Now they were pretty damn big, changed the direction of rock music overnight with Nevermind. I was looking at the magazines today and Rolling Stone has a 25th anniversary of his death issue out. I do like a lot of their stuff, but I considered Grohl more the substance of the band while Kurt was the image.

I was more a Pearl Jam and soundgarden guy.

I had an after school gig selling candy door to door and this kid in our crew was absolutely devastated. 

Guy had tried copying his look/persona and was like his whole world came crashing down when that happened.

While I only sorta liked Nirvana at the time, I ended up feeling really bad for the dude in our crew more than anything else. 

Chappo

You're entitled to your opinion, but for my generation, it is and was huge

Sorry, bro'.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade.

You know me, I am such an all-around magnanimous guy that if somebody did rain on your parade (and you forgot your umbrella) I would let you wear my sombrero (so you could stay dry) on your way to bankruptcy court.

In am an all-around nice guy. The salt of the earth.

So yeah, too bad about Cobain.

I will say this though, if Cobain (that talentless junkie) wasn't able to ride Dave Grohl's coattails--Nobody woulda ever heard of Cobain.

And even then, Cobain had to kill himself to sell records.

At least, Cobain (that no-talent, coattail-riding, junkie) had enough brains to use suicide as a career move.

Or Frances Bean would be sucking dicks at the truck stop.

Eh, the millennials do. Now they were pretty damn big, changed the direction of rock music overnight with Nevermind. I was looking at the magazines today and Rolling Stone has a 25th anniversary of his death issue out. I do like a lot of their stuff, but I considered Grohl more the substance of the band while Kurt was the image.

gen X, millennials were barely alive in 1994

Sorry, bro'.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade.

You know me, I am such an all-around magnanimous guy that if somebody did rain on your parade (and you forgot your umbrella) I would let you wear my sombrero (so you could stay dry) on your way to bankruptcy court.

In am an all-around nice guy. The salt of the earth.

So yeah, too bad about Cobain.

I will say this though, if Cobain (that talentless junkie) wasn't able to ride Dave Grohl's coattails--Nobody woulda ever heard of Cobain.

And even then, Cobain had to kill himself to sell records.

At least, Cobain (that no-talent, coattail-riding, junkie) had enough brains to use suicide as a career move.

Or Frances Bean would be sucking dicks at the truck stop.

pal, Cobain wrote all the lyrics and music in Nirvana. Grohl was just a drummer then. So let's no rewrite history

Mudhoney, Temple of the Dog, and Mother Love Bone.

Andrew Wood. RIP :cigar

Cobain's greatest legacy was to make teen angst cool and delegitimize real suffering.

Personally he had demons that took him and I feel badly for that.

Musically not overly talented and superficially repetitious, wouldn't flip the dial on him but he never saw the innerds of my wallet.

RIP

Cobain's greatest legacy was to make teen angst cool and delegitimize real suffering.

Personally he had demons that took him and I feel badly for that.

Musically not overly talented and superficially repetitious, wouldn't flip the dial on him but he never saw the innerds of my wallet.

RIP

Seattle is depressing.

Rains too much.

Great scene if you like hookers though.

Bareback blowjobs are the rule.

Hookers who don't suck bare dick (and take a load) are at a competitive disadvantage.

But, I digress.

Seattle is depressing. Rains too much.

you don't get it, and that's ok

I get it.

I wrote the book on it.:cigar

The Almighty El Chapo is a walking encyclopedia of the Grunge Era (and All of Music History)

So who is gonna win both games tomorrow?

Put up or shut up.

Don't take it the wrong way, bro'.

Don't fly off the handle.

I am just busting your balls.

Everybody knows that we are best friends in real life.

Everybody knows we are best friends IRL.

I can"t even count how many times we have had Chicago Pizza together.

This WWE Routine that you suggested is pretty funny.

Those responses that you have been PMing me (to post back to you) are hilarious.

WWE (TGF-Style).

Text me when you decide where you wanna meet for pizza tomorrow and watch the game.

Use the Dearborn number.

Thanks, bro'.

Funny shit.:cigar