Remembering Kurt Cobain, 25 years later

Brock Landers

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Seattle from 1990 - 2001 before moving to another part of Washington.

Anyone who thinks Cobain was a big deal here is mistaken.

Nothing was big in Seattle back then... they were boring as hell.  They probably didn't even take credit for Hendrix in those days.  Seattle a whole different city now.

He was the face of the 90`s rock culture. He was to the 90`s kids what Lennon was to the 60`s kids. Lennon and Elvis did a lot more music so you cant compare them but he is an absolute no doubt legend and Nirvana was the IT band at the time.

if there was one "it band" of the early 90s it could've easily been red hot chili peppers, pearl jam, green day, soundgarden

only after cobain's death did people start considering nirvana at or near the top of the list... at the time pearl jam was much more popular

if there was one "it band" of the early 90s it could've easily been red hot chili peppers, pearl jam, green day, soundgarden

only after cobain's death did people start considering nirvana at or near the top of the list... at the time pearl jam was much more popular

I think only Pearl Jam could make that claim. What really helped Nirvana though was Cobains death. It prevented them from making Daddy Rock like RHCP has done for 5-10 years now.

I think only Pearl Jam could make that claim. What really helped Nirvana though was Cobains death. It prevented them from making Daddy Rock like RHCP has done for 5-10 years now.

perhaps

but in 1991/1992 nirvana was opening for red hot chili peppers, not the other way around

"it band" yet even though mtv played smells like teen spirit all day and night... garth brooks still outsold them in their peak year , and they were an opening act   :laugh

He was the face of the 90`s rock culture. He was to the 90`s kids what Lennon was to the 60`s kids. Lennon and Elvis did a lot more music so you cant compare them but he is an absolute no doubt legend and Nirvana was the IT band at the time.

this. They had huge hits and a very successful tour. I saw them in Lakeland, Florida. (Sit down, McIrish) not long before the suicide. I was a big fan and so were most everyone my age

wrong.

Nevermind knocking Michael Jackson out of the top spot in the charts happened in January 1992. That was the biggest success ANY of the Seattle bands had.

perhaps

but in 1991/1992 nirvana was opening for red hot chili peppers, not the other way around

"it band" yet even though mtv played smells like teen spirit all day and night... garth brooks still outsold them in their peak year , and they were an opening act :laugh

Well RHCP was far more established. Even three months after nevermind broke, they were headlining smaller venues or a backup act.

Exactly.

Pearl Jam had taken over as Top Dog by the time Cobain offed himself.

wrong.

Nevermind knocking Michael Jackson out of the top spot in the charts happened in January 1992. That was the biggest success ANY of the Seattle bands had.

In the sense of totally recalibrating the music scene (and bringing Grunge to the Masses) your point may have validity.

Nirvana opened the door, and then Pearl Jam kicked it down.

no, they hadn't.

YES, they had.

You are talking out of your ass again.

You are losing your shit.

I might be time for another Youtube Buffet Review.

Just sayin'.

Stick to something that you KNOW.

Trying to "debate" the Almighty (and All-Knowing) El Chapo (Universally Accepted as the foremost Grunge Historian on the Planet) is making you look foolish.

Your feeble attempts at "Talking Points" will be shredded 100 times out of 100.

Just so we understand each other.

Carry on.:cigar

YES, they had.

You are talking out of your ass again.

You are losing your shit.

I might be time for another Youtube Buffet Review.

Just sayin'.

Stick to something that you KNOW.

Trying to "debate" the Almighty (and All-Knowing) El Chapo (Universally Accepted as the foremost Grunge Historian on the Planet) is making you look foolish.

Your feeble attempts at "Talking Points" will be shredded 100 times out of 100.

Just so we understand each other.

Carry on.:cigar

pal, you're a great revisionist

That's not how it was, but keep thinking it