Remembering Kurt Cobain, 25 years later

Brock Landers

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of get Holly but certainly not Janis at all.  She is nails on a chalkboard singingwise and a sloppy drunk on top of it.

Yeah...

But, Joplin was Iconic in that era.

The first really balls to the wall rock front woman (from that Psychedelic 60s Era).

Light Years more ballsy than Grace Slick, for example.

Monterey Pop, Woodstock, etc.

But, I can see how somebody could rate Cobain ahead of her. Strictly a matter of opinion.

BOL :cigar

Nirvana had 3 weeks atop Alt Rock Singles charts in 1993 with Heart Shaped Box, RHCP had 5 with Soul to Squeeze.

Nirvana did not appear on the mainstream charts, STP, Blind Melon and Pearl Jam did

In 1994 Nirvana was on the alt chart for 2 weeks with All Apologies and one week with About a Girl. Pearl Jam had one week. No other Seattle sound made the list.

Nirvana did not see the mainstream list. That was dominated by STP, Pearl, Collective Soul, Alice and Soundgarden.

Looking through the Billboard charts I can't seem to find anything that would indicate cultural status for Cobain or Nirvana.

1) it’s cult status. And that ain’t short for cultural.

2) cult status is non mainstream popularity.

0-2

1) it’s cult status. And that ain’t short for cultural.

2) cult status is non mainstream popularity.

0-2

mtv was playing nirvana all the time, how could that be "cult" status vs mainstream?

can we have a poll of how many people remember exactly where they were when they heard the news like landers and the propagandists claim?

bet it's less than 1% of the population that was alive at the time... and less than 1% of that 1% actually cried or cared

i had a buddy that followed the dead around the country... i went once and that was enough

not a terrible show/experience, but nothing i felt compelled to see a bunch of times while high

It really helps if you like huffing nitrous out of balloons.

An essential part of the experience.

Now the torch has been passed to Phish heads.

• 4 years later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, Brock Landers said:

If you were around then, you probably remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news. It was one of those rare, rare cultural moments, the same sort of thing felt with the assassination of John Lennon on Monday, December 8, 1980, and the death of Elvis on Tuesday, August 16, 1977.

From 5 Years Ago...

TGF Vaults...