OT: LAPD at it again

KingRevolver

If the guy was homeless. Chances are he was a junkie. And hopped up.But cops should already know that going in. That's why you call for back up. And clearly there was plenty of it. 6 on 1 with tasers' date=' nightsticks and pepper spray.[/quote']

Just because he was homeless means he was most likely a junkie?

I lost a friend who was a police officer involved in an incident like this with someone that was obviously mentally unstable. Unfortunately, backup didn't get there soon enough so he was 1-v-1 with the guy, and unfortunately the other guy was able to get ahold of his gun and shoot him in the head. Officer Smith (my friend) was neither a "pussy" or someone that deserved to be "hated", he was simply doing his job and in hindsight made a bad decision by not using more force. To me, this whole thing is just a shitty situation all the way around and it's tough to play MMQB with never having walked in the shoes of a police officer in such a situation.

Guest boatboatboat

I often see a US vs Them mentality when the topic of law enforcement is discussed.

Seeing a video like that makes it easy to see why.

If it turns out that the guy killed had a gun or what looked like a gun or grabbed for an officers gun the story will end.

No one will chime in and say "oh my bad, I didn't t have all the facts". But if it turns out to be as bad as it looked on tape, it will be discussed for days/weeks/mths. (as it should)

I guess the point is, our officers have a difficult job to do. For every tape like that there are 10,000 situations where an officer helps a person, saves a live, stops someone from harming another. Goes out of their way after a shift to talk with someone needing a ear and a shoulder. Never a you tube video of that, and if there were no one would care.

Also in the tape above we don't see what started it all. Does that make shooting him justifiable=NO. But it would allow us to understand why the situation or how it got to where it did.

Officers just don't sit around eating doughnuts pick a person out of the crowd and say "let's go wack him".

Young people are seldom taught any longer to respect authority be it police, school officials or elders.

Sad

Guest boatboatboat
cops should carry smart guns that can only be fired by the owner. That would help tremendously whenever there is a struggle.

are those a real thing?

I have never heard if them.