Here's the value of $1 in each state, according to new data

Balco

Yes especially with their pay scale and amount of work going on there. No to mention the terrific and well known schools and hospitals of South Dakota. Silly me

Have you ever been there? Now I've never been to NJ(or NY), but I lived in chicago, which is a shithole, those places are worse that chicago, right?

I have never been to the Dakotas.I would love to go there or Montana.Definitely Colorado.Im sure its beautiful and I love the mountains.I have a place in The catskills in NY St. Love to fish and the outdoors in general.But when it comes to having to make money at a fair wage and some other things(hospitals/Dr.'s in general)I would not sway too far from a metropolitan area.

Those parts of the country are beautiful(I would include Maine,New Hampshire as well) not denying that.Living there or having to make a solid amount of money is another story.

New Jersey has a lot of nicer areas where people don't see.I am an hour from beaches 1.5 hours to mountains and close to most of what I need.The air quality and taxes might not be great but it is what it is.

I have never been to the Dakotas.I would love to go there or Montana.Definitely Colorado.Im sure its beautiful and I love the mountains.I have a place in The catskills in NY St. Love to fish and the outdoors in general.But when it comes to having to make money at a fair wage and some other things(hospitals/Dr.'s in general)I would not sway too far from a metropolitan area.

Those parts of the country are beautiful(I would include Maine,New Hampshire as well) not denying that.Living there or having to make a solid amount of money is another story.

New Jersey has a lot of nicer areas where people don't see.I am an hour from beaches 1.5 hours to mountains and close to most of what I need.The air quality and taxes might not be great but it is what it is.

The point is you dont need to put up with high taxes and no services, you and your neighbors can vote people in that will do the right thing.

Saying, "oh well, the govt treats us like shit, but the beach is nice" is ridiculous.

I will take my.86 from New Jersey 366 days a year over the 1.20 in South Dakota,Kentucky,Alabama,Mississippi,Arkansas….etc. LOL

I'll take my area of KY..(right across from Cincy) over any NJ shithole any time....well except maybe my buddies place 20 min south of AC right on the beach...in the summer of course

I'll take my area of KY..(right across from Cincy) over any NJ shithole any time....well except maybe my buddies place 20 min south of AC right on the beach...in the summer of course

Good for you.All the areas of state along the shore and out west are quite nice but you already knew that...LOL

Nice. So your dad drove you around to gawk at the less fortunate rather than perhaps helping them? Murrricca!

Yup, he worked downtown, occasionally we would go visit him, he's say, 'who want's to see the bums" and we'd drive around looking at all the whino's, etc. We made sure we rolled up the windows.Quite an eye opener when you're 8 or 9 years old.

This was also around the time of the riots in chicago in the last 60's. We'd ask dad why they're burning their own houses down, he's say because they're fucking animals.

Yup, he worked downtown, occasionally we would go visit him, he's say, 'who want's to see the bums" and we'd drive around looking at all the whino's, etc. We made sure we rolled up the windows.Quite an eye opener when you're 8 or 9 years old.

This was also around the time of the riots in chicago in the last 60's. We'd ask dad why they're burning their own houses down, he's say because they're fucking animals.

Had to believe but Wrigleyville was very gang-infested and run down in the late 70’s. The biggest contribution the Tribune made to the Cubs when they bought them in 1981, was using their political clout to clean up that neighborhood.