OT: Yes, please.

KingRevolver

here's a little more

For the 22nd year in a row, Minnesota's municipally-owned liquor stores posted record sales.

The Minnesota State Auditor's Office reported that total municipal liquor store sales hit $348.9 million in 2017, a $4.5 million rise compared to 2016.

But it's not all good news for cities with municipal operations, with the auditor's office reporting that 54 of them recorded losses in 2017, which is 9 more than 2016.

Of these cities, 53 were in Greater Minnesota, where stores generate smaller sales than those based in the Twin Cities metro.

Metro cities that have municipal liquor stores include Edina, Richfield, Lakeville, Columbia Heights and Fridley.

The biggest net losses incurred by a city was Finlayson, in northern Minnesota, which recorded a $153,000 deficit in 2017.

In terms of the best performing, Lakeville saw the biggest sales at $14.58 million, while Edina posted the biggest net profits at just over $1 million.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Madtiger was alluding to this when he said to keep your phone in the locker

Too many weaves to remember?

Yes! Thank you. I couldn't remember the whole title of the thread.

EDIT: And in the spirit of full transparency, I would have to not only keep MY phone in my locker, but also my tongue in my mouth, and eyes in my head.