**peloton stock opens today

milwaukee mike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could.

One of the main selling points is the use of technology to enable classes, competitions, etc. with people all over the world.

yeah, I meant specifically in Dobie’s gym. Is it hooked up to a network and people take virtual classes with other people? I could see doing it at home, but...

I've never seen anyone use it to be honest.  But then again I'm not exactly a frequent gym user these days.

I know the time I tried to get the screen working, it wasn't functioning and there was a long sign up process.

I gave up and used the old-school bike next to it.

One thing I noticed is that it was uncomfortable as fuck.  Felt like I needed real padded bike shorts to not make the seat hurt..

How many people buy these contraptions and stick with it? How many of us have bought bikes, treadmills, rowing machines, etc and still use them 6 months or a year later?

The answer is very few, at $2500 per, it's prob a nice unit, but they have no chance. They're losing money now ,and it wont be long till everyone who want's one, will have one, then what?

I never heard of it until today. They do have a good business plan. If the bike wasn’t so expensive, I would give it a whirl.

they have a terrible business plan, unless it was to go public and cash out a bunch of money like fitbit/gopro and other scams

anyone can go to a nearby fitness center, and use all sorts of equipment (instead of 1 thing), and have live classes for $30/month... along with pool/sauna/etc

just the monthly fee for peloton, not counting the bike itself, costs more than an entire fitness membership

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Except then they would have to buy and own the cars, with the resulting depreciation, maint, ins, and operating costs - none of which they pay a penny for now.

I think it would still be cheaper, especially when EVs get more affordable. Less wear and tear on those.

Their business model today has no path to real profitability, IMO.

I think it would still be cheaper, especially when EVs get more affordable. Less wear and tear on those.

I dont know about that, the current drivers are already paying most of those costs(since they own a car anyway), buying hundreds of thousands of cars, and doing everything associated with that, costs a lot. I would compare it to owning an airline.

i agree that uber and lift cannot and will not be profitable, they would have to double their fares, which would defeat their reason for existing.

that's totally not true, they will be profitable in 2021... in 2022/2023 even without driverless cars their revenue is projected to be about $6 billion, they can easily make $600 million + on that ($2/share/year)

and that's a conservative estimate based on them continuing to waste money on stupid shit

that's totally not true, they will be profitable in 2021... in 2022/2023 even without driverless cars their revenue is projected to be about $6 billion, they can easily make $600 million + on that ($2/share/year)

and that's a conservative estimate based on them continuing to waste money on stupid shit

That's based on price increases, which work until they don't......see what's happening to Netflix

Maybe, but every co has projections of good things 2-3-4 yrs out, every company. Even fucking sears always claimed the future was rosy.

it's always the same thing... ooh, we just missed on rev, and our costs were a little higher than planned, we're gonna push that forecast out another year.

Maybe, but every co has projections of good things 2-3-4 yrs out, every company. Even fucking sears always claimed the future was rosy.

it's always the same thing... ooh, we just missed on rev, and our costs were a little higher than planned, we're gonna push that forecast out another year.

lyft is exactly the opposite, just today they brought profitability FORWARD a year

sears was 100 years old before they failed, people were saying that stuff about amazon/facebook/google/etc and all that did was cost you a tremendous investment opportunity

the trend is your friend, and the trend is younger people all over the world using uber/lyft

lyft is exactly the opposite, just today they brought profitability FORWARD a year

sears was 100 years old before they failed, people were saying that stuff about amazon/facebook/google/etc and all that did was cost you a tremendous investment opportunity

the trend is your friend, and the trend is younger people all over the world using uber/lyft

i guess they could make a profit, it's possible, but making a couple bucks isn;t enough, you need to actually make significant money on an ongoing basis to stay in business, AND support a stock price,

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  The end game for Uber and Lyft is not carpooling rides.  It's much more than that.  To make an analogy, Google is more than a search engine.

So you think private ownership of cars will end and all traffic will be by summoned driverless vehicles? That's a stretch, lets see, today I took leaves to the compost place, then I popped out to the drug store, came home and went back out to hy vee, then later i returned a movie and drove a friend to the airport(who's way too cheap to use an uber).

It' sounds good in theory, not so much for real people.