2019 NFL/NCAA PICK 7 CONTEST {$1000 ADDED by HrWager.ag} WEEK 6 PICKS THREAD

Sharp Square

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is some input for you. There are no "rules" to this contest. You made a decision which nobody agreed with and have made these stupid rulings. We are not having this contest so that you can make rules. We are having it to make picks and have a contest. If people make a small error, they should be able to fix it. None of these rules are written in stone because they change all the time at your whim.

Well here is some input for you. There are no "rules" to this contest. You made a decision which nobody agreed with and have made these stupid rulings. We are not having this contest so that you can make rules. We are having it to make picks and have a contest. If people make a small error, they should be able to fix it. None of these rules are written in stone because they change all the time at your whim.

THEN DON'T PLAY!

THEN DON'T PLAY!

Fuck off. And by the way, you did not make any of these stupid rules. That rule was made by Mr. NBA when he stupidly forfeited his own pick because he talked shit and then had to eat it.  You were annoyed by the fact that you do and do and nobody appreciates you so you decided to be "strict" on the rules. If you do not like running contests, don't run them.

Fuck off. And by the way, you did not make any of these stupid rules. That rule was made by Mr. NBA when he stupidly forfeited his own pick because he talked shit and then had to eat it.  You were annoyed by the fact that you do and do and nobody appreciates you so you decided to be "strict" on the rules. If you do not running contests, don't run them.

If you aren't strict with the rules then you get complaints for that. When you are strict with the rules you get complaints for that. 

The rules are the rules. 

You don't have to appreciate what I do nor does anyone else but that doesn't change the fact that those are the rules and you broke them. 

If you aren't strict with the rules then you get complaints for that. When you are strict with the rules you get complaints for that. 

The rules are the rules. 

You don't have to appreciate what I do nor does anyone else but that doesn't change the fact that those are the rules and you broke them. 

Show  me the rule.

Show  me the rule.

ALL Plays will be made using lines from HRWager

You posted yourself that the line you used was from SBR Odds which was inaccurate. You then posted a correct line from HRWager in a later post. This was your own proof that the posted line was from a different source that was not the same as the one from HRWager. 

Once plays are posted they are FINAL!

That inaccurate line you admittedly posted cannot be changed in an additional post. The incorrect line makes that play invalid.  My guess is you were in such a hurry to get an opener that you made a mistake NOT me YOU! 

You posted the proof yourself, so how am I now expected to let you break the rules but no one else. 

ALL Plays will be made using lines from HRWager

You posted yourself that the line you used was from SBR Odds which was inaccurate. You then posted a correct line from HRWager in a later post. This was your own proof that the posted line was from a different source that was not the same as the one from HRWager. 

Once plays are posted they are FINAL!

That inaccurate line you admittedly posted cannot be changed in an additional post. The incorrect line makes that play invalid.  My guess is you were in such a hurry to get an opener that you made a mistake NOT me YOU! 

You posted the proof yourself, so how am I now expected to let you break the rules but no one else. 

That rule exists because you just made it up. Last year we had pals posting stale lines right and left and they all stood. They stood because this rule did not exist until you made it up today.

That rule exists because you just made it up. Last year we had pals posting stale lines right and left and they all stood. They stood because this rule did not exist until you made it up today.

Again if you think I am wrong here then please feel free to check with Kinger. If he agrees with you then I have no problem at all making it good.

Regardless of your opinion of me I am simply following the rules as I see them.

Last year I didn't enforce everything to the letter and people complained. This year I am and now people (you) complain.

Either way its a no win situation. 

Again with the bulshit. There were zero people that complained. That is why we had pals posting stale lines. Nobody ever complained. We made fun of it. We might have complained if it had mattered. But nobody complained.

You did get upset a lot about how you do and do and nobody ever appreciates it though.

Again with the bulshit. There were zero people that complained. That is why we had pals posting stale lines. Nobody ever complained. We made fun of it. We might have complained if it had mattered. But nobody complained.

You did get upset a lot about how you do and do and nobody ever appreciates it though.

Whatever you say. As to this appreciation thing you keep harping on, if it was appreciation I was looking for I sure as hell wouldn't be doing this. 

I do this because oddly I enjoy it. I don't claim to be some contest genius and being wrong happens I am certainly not always right but I do try and be fair.

You attack me calling me a moron etc etc without cause. You could have disagreed with me and kept it civil but you choose not to.  That being the case I have not made any replies beyond the context of the contest and its rules and I won't attack you personally for any of it. 

You noted it as "If people make a small error, they should be able to fix it." and I agree with that to an extent although when I tried it that way I had complaints because "rules are rules"  So that being the case I have been more strict in having them all followed to the letter. That is not my doing I actually hate being the ass who has to say "you broke this rule and that rule" but they are there. Personally I would like far fewer rules over all but then people try and take advantage and again there is a problem. 

You noted it as "If people make a small error, they should be able to fix it." and I agree with that to an extent although when I tried it that way I had complaints because "rules are rules"  So that being the case I have been more strict in having them all followed to the letter. That is not my doing I actually hate being the ass who has to say "you broke this rule and that rule" but they are there. Personally I would like far fewer rules over all but then people try and take advantage and again there is a problem. 

No, you are entirely the person that has made these rules this way. Moldy tried to get durito's 2x disqualified which was completely ridiculous. But because YOU wanted to have strict rules, you made the rules. Any fool would not disallow that pick or the ones where people forgot the rule and posted a correlated play. Any fool would allow them to put in another pick. But you are not a fool, you are a moron. 

ACH is right I have been strict on the rules so far when it comes to everything from "once plays are posted they are final" to the (x2) plays etc. So I feel as if that standard has been set and now has to be maintained when it comes to everything else. 

If you guys feel like this is beyond the scope of how things need to be then please let me know. I am not in any way trying to ruin anyone's contest experience and make things harder than they have to be. But it also can't go both ways I cannot be strict on some thing and then let other things go because that will only cause problems.

But I want to be fair with his situation. If anyone thinks that the enforcement of the rule pertaining to this specific situation is harsher than it needs to be and that there should be some leeway as to posting inaccurate lines etc then feel free to say so. 

I know I hate to clutter a picks thread as it makes it harder for me to log and for everyone involved to keep track of plays but you guys input helps me to try and make everyone happy (impossible sure but its always worth shooting for)

ACH is right I have been strict on the rules so far when it comes to everything from "once plays are posted they are final" to the (x2) plays etc. So I feel as if that standard has been set and now has to be maintained when it comes to everything else. 

If you guys feel like this is beyond the scope of how things need to be then please let me know. I am not in any way trying to ruin anyone's contest experience and make things harder than they have to be. But it also can't go both ways I cannot be strict on some thing and then let other things go because that will only cause problems.

But I want to be fair with his situation. If anyone thinks that the enforcement of the rule pertaining to this specific situation is harsher than it needs to be and that there should be some leeway as to posting inaccurate lines etc then feel free to say so. 

I know I hate to clutter a picks thread as it makes it harder for me to log and for everyone involved to keep track of plays but you guys input helps me to try and make everyone happy (impossible sure but its always worth shooting for)

It is too late for that because you have already screwed up the contest.

However, all picks are final. My App State pick was FINAL. It does not say all lines are final. You can contest a line. That does not mean that they lose the pick. It means they get the worse line.

If a person is obviously posting stale lines over and over, you don't give them the lines. You kick them out.

I do hate the rule of no sides and totals from same games as it costs me a point earlier.  But it has been consistent.  

At this point, you cannot change things.  

I do appreciate you keeping things together for all contests as it makes things much easier for me and whoever else in involved in these.  

You could actually change it by grading the picks as they were submitted since nobody was trying to cheat. You could also give people another chance at 2x if you wanted. The 2x is a fundamental part of the contest so need to change those necessarily but it is doable if you want to allow people to come back and designate a 2x as long as the line has not moved. You can also just give the people whose picks were disqualified another chance at a pick.

But the Monkey rule has nothing to do with my App State pick. Picks are final. Lines are not final. There are plenty of times the line moves on me while I am typing. You cannot make it so that if I correct that, I lose the pick.

The issue here is the spirit of the rule. If nobody has violated the spirt of the rule, there is no reason to punish them. This contest has certain limitations that would not exist if it were not being done in this way.

Yeah, I don’t get the forgot best bet thing. I forgot to add a best bet this week and realized it 5 mins after I posted but I can’t add it even though it was only Wednesday? That’s weird. Rules are rules I guess.

You shouldnt be able to pick which game but going forward id be ok with it automatically being last pick if nothing is designated.

You shouldnt be able to pick which game but going forward id be ok with it automatically being last pick if nothing is designated.

You should be able to pick whatever game you want. You have seven games and you posted them and you get a 2x. If you forgot the 2x, you just came back and put in your 2x. If the line has moved, you cannot pick it. If any of your games have started, you can't make any changes. 

We have an entire discombobulated thread of picks with people posting all over and in all kinds of ways but this is too much.

You should be able to pick whatever game you want. You have seven games and you posted them and you get a 2x. If you forgot the 2x, you just came back and put in your 2x. If the line has moved, you cannot pick it. If any of your games have started, you can't make any changes.

We have an entire discombobulated thread of picks with people posting all over and in all kinds of ways but this is too much.

I dont think anything should change until next yeAr.