Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure those moderators will be paid very well for the softball questions they are going to spoon feed him. 

As we've seen in prior debates, the candidates can steer their responses wherever they want, no matter the original questions.   However I'm fairly certain Bloomberg will be hammered, both by the moderators  Who is moderating the debate: "NBC Nightly News" and "Dateline NBC" anchor Lester Holt; "Meet the Press" moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd; NBC News chief White House correspondent and host of "MSNBC Live" Hallie Jackson; Noticias Telemundo senior correspondent Vanessa Hauc; and Jon Ralston, of The Nevada Independent, are co-hosting the debate.(MSNBC, who has been non stop destroying Bloomy whenever I watch,  and NBC) and the other candidates.  

I just heard a Bloomy commercial on Chicago radio with Obama saying how he liked working with Bloomy. Sorry Biden, there is a lovely parting gift to the left on your way out.

You should see the TV commercials.  If one didn't know, they'd think Bloomy was his VP instead of Biden.   It is funny how the D candidates are so desperate to align themselves with Obama.  He's gonna endorse, and strongly work for,  whoever it is, but he ain't gonna do it before the nominee is decided.  

You should see the TV commercials. If one didn't know, they'd think Bloomy was his VP instead of Biden. It is funny how the D candidates are so desperate to align themselves with Obama. He's gonna endorse, and strongly work for, whoever it is, but he ain't gonna do it before the nominee is decided.

I get South Bend TV and we were getting the anti -Pete commercials nonstop. One of the main industries in the South Bend area is RVs. They took a big hit during bush2 and Obama. It’s come back a lot, but I’m sensing another slowdown.

Bernie up by 19 pts in nevada in new poll today, biden in 3rd, what happened to the culinary union, they were going to assure a biden win(because they're real powerful)?

Never listen to the media spin, that's the lesson.

They can get plenty of illegals to bus tables and make salad. Unfortunately for them it’s not a real powerful union. Now a trade union would have more pull.

Bernie up by 19 pts in nevada in new poll today, biden in 3rd, what happened to the culinary union, they were going to assure a biden win(because they're real powerful)?

Never listen to the media spin, that's the lesson.

I was wrong about Nevada, Biden isn't 3rd. he's 4th. :lol

i expect him to drop out after super tuesday, so he's got 2 more weeks.

It's on:

LiVKh64l_bigger.jpg

It’s a shame Mike Bloomberg can buy his way into the debate. But at least now primary voters curious about how each candidate will take on Donald Trump can get a live demonstration of how we each take on an egomaniac billionaire.
Quote Tweet

Do you think that they'll all be looking to attack him directly?

I can see Warren/Bernie going at him---especially since that fires up their progressive base---but think Pete/BIden/Amy will only indirectly attack him if they do, as not only would Pete/Amy possibly be VP candidates for him, but they have a long future ahead, where his $$$ can certainly help 'em. So no reason to upset him directly if they can help it. 

HUH???

You think those are +EV wagers?

yes

in a contested convention obama would be the partys first choice. would only be a question if she agrees to. if you put the odds of a second ballot at 25% (a lowball) then anything becomes possible. the fact shed be the #1 choice for dem establishment means she should be 1% or so right now.

hillary is 30-1 (with her only shot being a contested convention). meanwhile m obama is 200-1, and would be 1000x preferred by dem establishment? nah, those prices are way out of whack.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts.

Thoughts on Bloomberg NOT winning? ........from a betting standpoint

Will hang up and listen, thanks.

this one has me completely stumped. ive been wrong about bloomberg getting traction, but i am a very hesitant to short him. gun to my head, i sell him, but just dont feel good about it.

if he gets the nom, its overwhelmingly in a contested convention where he either has a delegate lead, or is second to bernie, with bernie having at least a couple hundred delegates too few. 

this estimate makes sense in my mind, assuming a biden collapse (where i am buying the dip because i dont believe it), and giving bloomy a huge benefit of the doubt because of that:

.3(odds of contested convention)*.25(odds bloomy gets it at convention given contested + all other possible circumstances) + .7(odds of no contested convention)*.2(odds bloomy wins outright given no contested convention) = 21.5%. 

but im just not certain enough about it, and prefer to just buy biden at long odds.