Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

When/if Bernie and the other candidates start to fight back against Mike and the minority vote,, it would be relatively easy to do so against his record as NYC mayor with respect to minorities.  They are attacking Mayor Pete on his minority record, and he's MLK compared to Bloomy.  Not sure they will go there, but if they do, the ads write themselves.

The stuff on Twitter the other day seems like it could sink Bloom, but money has a way of getting past stuff.

Bernie v Bloom should yield Bernie, but...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its clear the moderates are gonna screw bernie if they can - culinary union already going into overdrive in nevada to smear him.

I saw that in the news today. So I did some research on employer contributions for healthcare and according to kff.org, employers who offer health care benefits pay upwards of 62% of health insurance premiums. So not only will there be a tax on employees to pay for healthcare for all, but those current benefits are the same as salary for employees. There's no way that employers are going to give everyone a $5k raise when that happens - especially if businesses are taxed on top of it. The tax on business would be covered with the funds that were allocated to previous health care benefits.

And Trump can really nail Bernie on the fact that "healthcare for all" is actually a middle class tax.

I saw that in the news today. So I did some research on employer contributions for healthcare and according to kff.org, employers who offer health care benefits pay upwards of 62% of health insurance premiums. So not only will there be a tax on employees to pay for healthcare for all, but those current benefits are the same as salary for employees. There's no way that employers are going to give everyone a $5k raise when that happens - especially if businesses are taxed on top of it. The tax on business would be covered with the funds that were allocated to previous health care benefits.

And Trump can really nail Bernie on the fact that "healthcare for all" is actually a middle class tax.

Right or wrong, people believe that the govt can make health care for all work if it were a true priority.

I personally think Bernie needs to explain the viability better, but am aware enough to recognize that he may not have to.

Right or wrong, people believe that the govt can make health care for all work if it were a true priority.

I personally think Bernie needs to explain the viability better, but am aware enough to recognize that he may not have to.

He will have to come up with actual numbers at some point.  Lizzie couldn't, and that's why she switched to the more sensible Mayor Pete model of Medicare for all who want it.   But it also killed her campaign because she was, rightly or wrongly, branded a flip flopper, and Bernie got that lane as the only one who really supports medicare for all.  

He will have to come up with actual numbers at some point.  Lizzie couldn't, and that's why she switched to the more sensible Mayor Pete model of Medicare for all who want it.   But it also killed her campaign because she was, rightly or wrongly, branded a flip flopper, and Bernie got that lane as the only one who really supports medicare for all.

Reasonable. Makes sense.

His argument/appeal is strong, but viability will be tested in a general.

But people are pissed about Health care on all sides, so whoever can sell their plan best.

Reasonable. Makes sense.

His argument/appeal is strong, but viability will be tested in a general.

But people are pissed about Health care on all sides, so whoever can sell their plan best.

At least the different D's have different plans.   The Idiot has had 4 years and has yet to come up with any plan other than Obamacare Bad Must Go.  It works on you Cultists but not for the 55% or so that still have a functional brain.  

Stupid

Agree it's stupid.  What is the Idiot's Health Care plan?    Here's a hint from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaszewski2/2020/01/05/the-trump-and-republican-health-care-plan/#2e0beb1c1846

13,601 viewsJan 5, 2020, 02:23pm
The Trump and Republican 2020 Health Care Plan

Robert LaszewskiContributor 
Policy

The Republicans don't yet have a health care plan less than a year before the 2020 elections.

Is there a line on just winning Nevada?

Unions going Hard against Bernie telling their members they’re going to lose their healthcare and Biden didn’t bother a stop over.

I’m thinking Klobe here...

Just because they're "culinary workers"...mexicans, doesn't mean they're stupid, they'll vote how they want. Nevada is also a caucus state, which i assume means it takes a  lot of time, hard working people dont have time for that, the people who do turn out will be the passionate ones, and they are bernie supporters.

Just because they're "culinary workers"...mexicans, doesn't mean they're stupid, they'll vote how they want. Nevada is also a caucus state, which i assume means it takes a  lot of time, hard working people dont have time for that, the people who do turn out will be the passionate ones, and they are bernie supporters.

bernie won NH huge in 2016 - then harry reid rigged nevada for hillary using the culinary union. look it up, theyre attempting the same thing this time. 

its especially effective based on the health care angle, like MF was saying.

question is does it work the second time around, and if so, where do the centrist votes go? might well be amy who benefits. 23-1 is a steal.

Just because they're "culinary workers"...mexicans, doesn't mean they're stupid, they'll vote how they want. Nevada is also a caucus state, which i assume means it takes a lot of time, hard working people dont have time for that, the people who do turn out will be the passionate ones, and they are bernie supporters.

Everyone in a union votes, don’t think otherwise