Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna post this before I read anyone else's views, and will double back later.   Another good debate, although not as good as last one.  Moderators were piss poor, especially the pathetically bad Gayle King.  

1)Bernie had a great night.   I thought this was his best debate yet.  He was attacked by most, especially a very skilled and laser focussed Mayor Pete.  He handled it very well and gave better than he got.  Only weak spot continues to be Cuba.  He's right about it, but he needs to drop it, just say he does not support Dictators, PERIOD, and move on.  

2)Lizzie.  She was the best debater, but she didn't have as tough a job as Bernie.  She pretty much has conceded the top spot to Bernie, and was effective running interference for him.  I think she's right that she would be a better candidate than Bernie, when they share very similar views.  America disagrees.  She showed lots of integrity continuing to go after Bloomy, even though going after Bernie would have been the better political strategy.  But not the better strategy for The Country.   She gets that.  

3)Mayor Pete-  His strategy was on point, and he was single minded and carried it out well.   His problem is Bernie returned most of his serves very well, and Pete came off as too practiced.   Pete has SKILLZ though.   Again, if Bloomie wasn't an egomaniac, and really wanted to save The D's from Bernie, he'd get out now and throw everything behind Mayor Pete.  

4)Steyer-  He was consistent with his message.  But except for SC, no one else cares.   And he doesn't get that the debates are there because they are supposed to attack each other, Not The Idiot.   They are all against The Idiot.   That doesn't tell anyone anything.  He gone after SC, unless he somehow wins or finishes 2nd.   

5)Amy- She's becoming more and more invisible.   Her biggest talking point is now reduced to I'm from Minnesota.  No one has fallen faster then her from her great debate performance just 2 debates ago.   She'll likely hang around until Super Tues just to hopefully do well in Minn.  But, It's over.  

6)Biden-   He had the home crowd, and he's still an incompetent old fool.  Arguing with Moderators about rules, whining that he couldn't speak over others.   Pathetically bad performance, as usual, but luckily for Uncle Joe the worst debater in modern Politics graces the same stage,so he avoids the basement.  

7)Bloomy.   He was better than last time is the best one can say about this pathetic, out of touch, condescending old coot.   Like Uncle Joe, he had the crowd bought and paid for, and still performed miserably.  

Even if one doesn't agree with my thoughts about how well Bernie did, Bernie wins the debate because he didn't lose the debate.  To Be The Man, you've gotta beat the Man.  They didn't.  

how did bloomberg get so many paid shills into this audience???

brilliant marketer, but zero stage presence, and terrible debater. almost jarring to see such a wide divide between the slick message (ads, social media) and the man himself.

My friend in SC said tickets cost at least $1700.   They wanted to stack the crowd with establishment folks, and they did.  

biden is gonna win SC by 15% and make it clear how meaningless these debates are.

I asked my friend who lives in Hilton Head SC how prevalent the R's trying to get out the vote to sabotage the D's is down there.   She said "Very".   In fact, the D's are pushing hard to come out to try and combat it.  It's a real thing, and it will be the reason Bernie vastly overperforms, and possibly even wins this.  

I thought he did quite well, he only really talked when he knew what he was talking about. I think he greatly improved from the last debate

The bar was exceedingly low.   When you go 0 for 50, and then go 1 for the next 50, you improved.   That's basically Bloomberg's night compared to debate 1.    The worst thing that ever happened to his nomination chances was to qualify for the debates.  

Gonna post this before I read anyone else's views, and will double back later. Another good debate, although not as good as last one. Moderators were piss poor, especially the pathetically bad Gayle King.

1)Bernie had a great night. I thought this was his best debate yet. He was attacked by most, especially a very skilled and laser focussed Mayor Pete. He handled it very well and gave better than he got. Only weak spot continues to be Cuba. He's right about it, but he needs to drop it, just say he does not support Dictators, PERIOD, and move on.

2)Lizzie. She was the best debater, but she didn't have as tough a job as Bernie. She pretty much has conceded the top spot to Bernie, and was effective running interference for him. I think she's right that she would be a better candidate than Bernie, when they share very similar views. America disagrees. She showed lots of integrity continuing to go after Bloomy, even though going after Bernie would have been the better political strategy. But not the better strategy for The Country. She gets that.

3)Mayor Pete- His strategy was on point, and he was single minded and carried it out well. His problem is Bernie returned most of his serves very well, and Pete came off as too practiced. Pete has SKILLZ though. Again, if Bloomie wasn't an egomaniac, and really wanted to save The D's from Bernie, he'd get out now and throw everything behind Mayor Pete.

4)Steyer- He was consistent with his message. But except for SC, no one else cares. And he doesn't get that the debates are there because they are supposed to attack each other, Not The Idiot. They are all against The Idiot. That doesn't tell anyone anything. He gone after SC, unless he somehow wins or finishes 2nd.

5)Amy- She's becoming more and more invisible. Her biggest talking point is now reduced to I'm from Minnesota. No one has fallen faster then her from her great debate performance just 2 debates ago. She'll likely hang around until Super Tues just to hopefully do well in Minn. But, It's over.

6)Biden- He had the home crowd, and he's still an incompetent old fool. Arguing with Moderators about rules, whining that he couldn't speak over others. Pathetically bad performance, as usual, but luckily for Uncle Joe the worst debater in modern Politics graces the same stage,so he avoids the basement.

7)Bloomy. He was better than last time is the best one can say about this pathetic, out of touch, condescending old coot. Like Uncle Joe, he had the crowd bought and paid for, and still performed miserably.

Even if one doesn't agree with my thoughts about how well Bernie did, Bernie wins the debate because he didn't lose the debate. To Be The Man, you've gotta beat the Man. They didn't.

i recommend you skip the backtrack and call it a night. listening to your cat cover shit in the litterbox is more informative.