Are the Titans a Stone Cold Lock?

Teddy kgb

FWIW....

The Pats are 0-4 when opposing teams score 20 points or more......

Titans have at least 3 offensive tds in every game Tannehill has started.

also.....

Tannehill has a decent history against the Patriots. 

He's beat them 4 times with the Dolphins...I don't believe any other QB can say that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna give my opinions on this matchup.

The Titans have to go in there and know ahead of time Belichick is gonna try and shut down one of their playmakers will it be Henry?  will it be the rookie WR AJ Brown?  The Titans need to be able to say ok you took away this guy we are gonna punish you with our other weapons. They may try to rattle Tannehill who knows. 

As far as Brady goes we've shut him down a little over a year ago we can do it again. Brady is struggling this season and clearly not in peak form BUT i wont count him out.

I could actually see this being a real close game.

Do i think we could beat these guys?

Hell yes i do.

In fact in the last two years the Titans have notched wins vs New England,Kansas City and Baltimore.

We are capable of sticking it to any of these basturds. :grin  :box

MAY try to rattle Tannehill?

Quote me on this: they are going to blitz the fuck out of his ass. Various schemes to disguise it, but pressure will be administered.

Yep and it will be drawn up by one of the best defensive masterminds in NFL history Bill Belichick

Belichick may have won six rings with New England as a head coach but he won two other rings as a defensive coordinator when he won two titles for the N.Y. Giants in 1986 and 1990 and his defensive gameplan for the '90 Super Bowl resides in the Hall of Fame because no one was supposed to be able to defeat the Bills with all their weapons on offense and Belichick did it. 

In fact i don't really fear the player on that team as much as i do the man drawing up the gameplan and as we both know the Patriots in the playoffs are a whole lot different than they are during the regular season.

Patriots still have 2018 blowout loss to Titans fresh in their minds

Despite eventually going on to win another Super Bowl last season, the New England Patriots haven’t forgotten about a blowout loss to the Tennessee Titans that occurred in Week 10 of last season.

In the victory, the Titans crushed the eventual Super Bowl champion Patriots 34-10, and it forced Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to show the game footage to his players over and over again, according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.

According to Devin McCourty, Belichick re-played the film of that Titans game to the players several times after Week 10. If that was going to be a blueprint of how to beat the Patriots, think again.

Per the same report, safety Duron Harmon says the team hasn’t forgotten about the loss, nor some of the comments made after.

“You try to learn from the situation, why we played that certain way, and learn from it. But you never forget,” said Harmon. “You never forget the remarks after the game. You don’t forget how we played, what it felt like to lose that way. You remember that stuff.”

When the Patriots/Titans meet up this Saturday Night in Foxboro it will be the third time the two teams have met in the postseason in the last fifteen years.

So the Patriots/Titans have played each other in the postseason three times since January 2004

The first postseason matchup was very close. The Titans were trailing 17-14 with under a minute left and QB Steve McNair on 4th down throws a pass in New England territory close to being inside the red zone but the receiver couldn't hold on to the ball. Also this game at the time was one of the coldest in history with a windchill factor of -10 and temperature around 5 degrees.

The first matchup was at Foxboro in AFC Divisional Playoffs 2004

Then the second postseason matchup was in AFC Divisional Playoffs 2018

In this matchup things were different than they were fifteen years earlier. The Titans didn't have the horses this time to keep up with the Patriots although they did strike first on their opening possession. Although the Titans didn't come away victorious in this one a few months later things were much different as the Titans gave the Patriots their worst defeat of the Brady era.

Below are the two times the Titans defeated the Patriots during the Brady/Belichick era

It has been said the Titans have gave the Patriots some of their worst defeats.

Both of these times the Titans defeated the Patriots it wasn't close.

The first one below is on Monday Night Football where the Titans shut down the Patriots 24-7

This is the entire MNF where the Titans shut down Brady and Belichick

The second one below is from the 2018 season when the Titans blew out the Patriots 34-10

i put up two games where the Titans soundly dominated the Patriots. If you look at any other team non division who have played the Patriots in the Brady/Belichick era not many teams can say they not only defeated the Patriots twice but blew them out twice.

This playoff matchup will be the third time the Patriots have met up with the Titans which is the most in the AFC for the postseason except for maybe the Colts,Steelers or Ravens.

Make no mistake the Titans although they don't get much respect have had their share of winning since starting out in 1999.

In fact from 1999 the year the Titans began through their 21st season this year in 2019 the Titans have 179 victories which is good for 11th in wins since 1999. In fact the Titans are 1 win from cracking the top 10 in wins as Minnesota is 10th with 180 wins.

Most NFL Wins from 1999-2019

#1-Patriots 275 wins

#2-Steelers 226 wins

#3-Colts 223 wins

#4-Packers 217 wins

#5-Ravens 213 wins

#6-Eagles 209 wins

#7-Seahawks 204 wins

#8-Broncos 195 wins

#9-Saints 195 wins

#10-Vikings 180 wins

#11-Titans 179 wins

#12-Cowboys 178 wins

yte27mqnso741.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Derrick Henry captured the NFL rushing title with 1,540 yards and the one really good thing about him is his big play ability as no other player has more explosive runs  since 2017 as Henry has had 10 plays where he gained 50+ yards and whats crazier is 5 of those plays were 70+ yards including a 99 yard run that is longest ever.

A.J. Brown has four 50+ yard TD catches this season the last rookie to have many 50+ yard TD catches in a season? Randy Moss (5, 1998). he is the first rookie in NFL HISTORY to have 1,000 yards w/ 64 or fewer receptions with 52 catches for 1,050 yards,8 TD's and 20.2 yards a catch. Brown who among rookies in 1st in receiving yardage (1,051),1st in total TDs (9),1st in 40+ yard catches (8)

Both WR A.J. Brown and RB Derrick Henry are tied for the NFL lead for most touchdowns of 50+ yards this year with 4

So Brown/Henry have given the Titans altogether 8 explosive plays of 50+ yards or longer................