NFL Playoff Freeroll - $100 (1st), $50 (2nd)

tailsyoulose

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the notification system!

Or mainly cuz I was mentioned in the leaders so far haha

yeah man, the backend is absolutely loaded. its built to compete with the big boys - think twitter and reddit, not TGF.

im hiring content creators at the moment to just churn out content on topics they're experts in. so the site will be seeded with some decent users posting quality stuff on their own group channels. once thats in place, there will be a huge range of topics for groups to join, and your feed will be customized with content from those.

you can also follow individual users like twitter, and get their updates directly in your feed as well. lots of good stuff on the way.

Fun, interesting, unique contest.  Thanks for it.  One suggestion I have.  Maybe it's already there and I don't know how to do it?   Once a game starts, rather than having to click on each individual person to find out who they have,  it should be displayed,  or more easily obtainable, in one step.   

Fun, interesting, unique contest.  Thanks for it.  One suggestion I have.  Maybe it's already there and I don't know how to do it?   Once a game starts, rather than having to click on each individual person to find out who they have,  it should be displayed,  or more easily obtainable, in one step.   

very good point - this is a bigger task than it might seem, so might take some time to get to. but yes, i will plan to make it happen.

Do you manually add the scores when the game is over?  Would it be possible to show the scores in real time?

this one is a manual system, so unfortunately real-time isnt possible. the apis for the real time stuff get very pricey. 

it would be doable in the long term, if the contest aspect of the site goes full bore and aims to compete with draftkings and the like - right now im testing the waters. if i go all-out, the contests portion will likely be built from scratch, so i will have plenty of latitude in how it looks. 

time will tell, but that sort of functionality would still be down the road quite a bit.

I think these are standings after 4 games?

# User MAE Completed predictions
1 theguesser 5.95 4
2 Machiavelli 6.62 4
3 Tank0925 7.38 4
4 trytrytry 8.25 4
5 playersonly69 8.50 4
6 MadTiger 8.53 4
7 SharpSquare 8.82 4
8 ajt 9.25 4
9 Teddy kgb 9.50 4
10 kgreen92 9.75 4
11 deemer 11.03 4
12 nflreddit 11.25 4
13 erbthegreat 11.75 4
14 Wade 14.28 4
15 TenPointMatt 90.50 4

the primary function of the site is a social platform like reddit and Twitter. The freerolls are secondary.

I'm in the process of hiring content creators - the main draw will be the user generated content that you can customize by subscribing to topics and users - very much like reddit, if you're familiar with that interface.

Eventually there will be a ton of topics (groups), so that by joining ones you like your streams will reflect stuff you're interested in, and you can comment and discuss easily.

Can also follow users, and you'll get all the stuff they post in your feeds, on whatever topics they are posting about. (Like Twitter)