What’s the worst part about getting older? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TN!

IAG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wearing glasses is the worst....I did it for about 3yrs and then had Lassix last year and have 20/20 vision...

Game changer....

I’ve considered, but I think tricky for me for some reason, according to eye doctor.    does that help distance or up close or both?   

It helps both, they make one eye for close and the other for long

When both eyes are open every thing is great, but if one is closed I get either close or long depending.

Took about 6months for adjustment, I even went and got a second opinion to make sure the doc didn’t fvck up the procedure, new doc said he did a perfect job and it was a waiting game.....she was right

I was lucky and had cataract surgery in both eyes in 2011, see great now with no glasses. I agree diminishing sight would suck.

Apparently happens to almost everyone beginning in 40s....there is a name for it.    Ken Jennings would probably know...I have forgotten.  Will come to me right after the buzzer. 

Apparently happens to almost everyone beginning in 40s....there is a name for it.    Ken Jennings would probably know...I have forgotten.  Will come to me right after the buzzer. 

I don't remember the name of it, but it is over a 50% chance for anyone after your 40th. I went from 20/17 or possibly 20/15 vision to needing reading glasses for smaller print. I felt robbed.

I don't remember the name of it, but it is over a 50% chance for anyone after your 40th. I went from 20/17 or possibly 20/15 vision to needing reading glasses for smaller print. I felt robbed.

Presbyopia, and it sucks.     

I googled.   “Knew it as soon as I saw it.”      lol. 

That memory shit is bad, too.

I went from being a trivia God to not remembering people's names -- humbling.

My memory is surprisingly good. Of course women don’t forget ANYTHING ;).  

Give me another three or four decades though.   Mom had Alzheimers, so that’s a little unnerving,