What do you have stashed so far for the outbreak?

Hoops

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible very good news.

Ohio's top public-health official said during a press conference on Thursday where the state's governor announced a three-week closure of all schools in the state that her office estimates that as many as 117,000 people in the state have already been infected with the novel coronavirus.

During the press conference, a clip from which we've included below, Department of Health Director Amy Acton said that the virus has likely been spreading in the "community" of Ohio, and that, given the number of weeks it has likely been present, at least 1% of the state's population likely already have the virus.

"We know now based on the basic facts of community spread we know now that at the very least 1% of our population is carrying this virus...We have 11.7 million people, so that just  gives you a sense of how this virus spreads, and how it's spreading quickly," Acton said.

If 1% are really already infected, then herd immunity and the peaking of this virus could be much closer. I find it unlikely, but who knows.

You probably wouldn't like Mn, you'd like the fact we vote democrat,but the people are totally different here. (I think)

I love the midwest.   Really most everywhere I've been in the US I like.  And almost everywhere I've been even in Rural Mississippi, I find someone from Brooklyn.  Have only been in the MN airport on a stopover.   But when I was a kid, the first team I rooted for was The Twins.   And I was a North Stars fan, and the Vikes were my second favorite team after the Chiefs.