What do you have stashed so far for the outbreak?

Hoops

you realize the flu shot is based on a guess about which strains will circulate, right? 

in the best case, their guesses are 60% effective, in the worst case, 10%. 

total eradication would be a global, full scale effort never before seen.

I do.  But there's no way people are staying home like this again for the same thing.  At some point, we're all just going to have to live with it and find another solution.

We're not going to be eradicating this as it is.  We can only slow it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do.  But there's no way people are staying home like this again for the same thing.  At some point, we're all just going to have to live with it and find another solution.

We're not going to be eradicating this as it is.  We can only slow it.

well, your guess is as good as mine as to what that world looks like. in the worst case scenario, we'd be looking at a disease that is going to kill a shitload of people every year. 

economically, politically, psychologically, that would be horrific. no idea how people respond to living in that world, where if you are over 50 youre basically entering a yearly lottery with a 5% chance you die.

well, your guess is as good as mine as to what that world looks like. in the worst case scenario, we'd be looking at a disease that is going to kill a shitload of people every year. 

economically, politically, psychologically, that would be horrific. no idea how people respond to living in that world, where if you are over 50 youre basically entering a yearly lottery with a 5% chance you die.

Honestly, I think that would be good for the economy and the world as a whole in the long term.

Less strain on natural resources.

Monkey finally makes alot of sense... Finally u are getting it... That's what we should be doing now..

fuckhead. we aint gonna kill this thing by summer if youre running around like a jerkoff and hanging out in bars like its all a joke. we only kill it by summer if people comply 100% and do the right thing.

if the worst case scenario happens, itll be BECAUSE of you.

you want that on your conscience, fuckhead?

fuckhead. we aint gonna kill this thing by summer if youre running around like a jerkoff and hanging out in bars like its all a joke. we only kill it by summer if people comply 100% and do the right thing.

if the worst case scenario happens, itll be BECAUSE of you.

you want that on your conscience, fuckhead?

He’s a tout. What do you expect ? Biggest pieces of shit on earth.

a lot of people have not even begun to realize that this has a very good chance of being seasonal, for perhaps a number of years. 

we are looking at potentially a multi-year coordinated fight to eradicate it, with a slightly different strain reappearing every year. 

could very well sputter out over the summer, but stay incubated in small pockets to return in fall - just as influenza does.

imagine the insanity if this became just a yearly reality. 

If 30-50% of people get it this year, the virus will not explode near as much in the future, there is the belief right now that people who get it once, could get it again, although the antibodies their bodies produce should greatly lesson future episodes.

Anyway, none of that matters now, what matters now is what happens and what people do. As i said earlier, everyone is talking about it and stocking up, but very few are actually  doing what it's gonna take to limit it's spread.