Oaklawn and Other Venues

rdalert447

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excerpt from [HORSERACING SELECTIONS] thread:

Let's try to crack the code.

No medium shots or longshots today. I am just going back to the basics of grinding out EX and $0.10 SUP. If I don't see a spot, I PASS.

There is a Pick-6 Jackpot building, but

1. There too many races in the sequence that I have as ALL.

2. It's not a mandatory payout.

JOCKEY TO WATCH: Gallardo

RACE 6

$1 EXA 7/6-9-1

$0.10 SUP KEY 7/6-9-1

RACE 7

$0.10 SUP 2/10-12-11

RACE 8

$0.10 SUP 6-2/6-2/4-1-5/4-1-5

RACE 9

$0.10 SUP 5/10-2-11/10-2-11/10-2-11

feel a big day coming on. 

you can find me here. Usually some very great tips and picks from a few of the Pros that chime in throughout the 8 hr marathon live streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvoIUT_JokE

Thanks for the link. I have never looked at one of these for horseracing. It will be interesting for me to check in throughout the afternoon.

Played these today:

05-25-2020, 11:11 AM

Good luck guys. Played two today at Churchill:

Race 9

$20 win #11 My Bariley 15-1

$2 exbx 11/4,7,10

$2 DD 11/9

Excited that Granitz ships in. He’s a sharp dude and he’s shipped here with this one before. Has a couple of decent efforts over the course but those were in Stakes races. Maybe he fits in Allowance company here?

Race 10

$20 Win #9 Mine My Time 10-1

$2 exbx 9/5,6

Foley burying me so far, but I’m in this deep....

Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day, guys. Enjoy our freedoms thanks to all our American heros!

Hank Wins

GULFSTREAM PARK

BEST BETS: (Bet 3x normal Wager)
Race 3: #7 Seismic Wave
Race 6: #2 Fuddled (Ire)
Race 7: #7 The Queens Jules

Bet Top Horse Across the Board each race.
Bet Exacta Boxes with TOP 3 Horses.

RACE 1:
1 – Count Down
8 – Astronaut
7 – Imperial Moment
SELECTIONS: 1-8-7-9

RACE 2:
7 – Dixieland Humor
2 – Stormy Boss
10 – Mystic Comin Home
SELECTIONS: 7-2-10-5

RACE 3:
7 – Seismic Wave
4 – Temple
6 – Renaisance Frolic
SELECTIONS: 7-4-6-2

RACE 4:
4 – Mumbai
3 – Doll Collection
2 – Grand Cru Classe
SELECTIONS: 4-3-2-5

RACE 5:
12 – Man With a Plan
4 – Enzoexpress
11 – Sultry Samurai
SELECTIONS: 12-4-11-3

RACE 6:
2 – Fuddled (Ire)
5 – Let Them Eat Cake
6 – Humor Me Dixie
SELECTIONS: 2-5-6-4

RACE 7:
7 – The Queens Jules
4 – Blame the Thief
1 – Congrats This
SELECTIONS: 7-4-1-8

RACE 8:
3 – Toffen
9 – La Rusia
10 – Days of Spring
SELECTIONS: 3-9-10-1

RACE 9:
2 – War Giant
6 – Blue Buff
5 – Colonel Liam
SELECTIONS: 2-6-5-4

RACE 10:
2 – Willing to Speed
5 – King Ottokar
4 – Nettleton
SELECTIONS: 2-5-4-3

RACE 11:
8 – Souper Shenanigan
7 – Kobe Fifty Two
1 – Wellwest
SELECTIONS: 8-7-1-3

CHURCHILL DOWNS

Best Bets: (Bet 3x Normal Wager)
Race 1: #2 Check Six
Race 2: #7 It's All Cash
Race 10: #2 Mojovation

Bet Top Horse Across the Board each Race.
Exacta Boxes with Top 3 Horses.

Race 1
1st #2 Check Six comes from Oaklawn Park and drops in class. The competition was quite stiff there for her, but three back she ran a nice fourth only losing by a length. Never raced at Churchill.
2nd #7 Molly’s Game also comes from Oaklawn, but she didn’t run as well there as Check Six did. Has a win over the Churchill surface which helps her case, and this is overall an easier spot.
3rd #8 C Islandsurprise is a fairly accomplished mare, older and more experienced compared to the rest of the field. She’s had some time off, and has a very consistent track record here at Churchill.
SELECTIONS: 2-7-8-11

Race 2
1st #7 It’s All Cash takes a significant class drop and is trying a new track. Jerry Hollendorfer trains this daughter of Verrazano who has still has quite a bit of improving to go. I think this spot is a step in the right direction for her.
2nd #6 Annoula comes from Turfway with a second place and a couple months off. The competition was easier than this field, but she has a new trainer and has had two months off. The refreshing should help her.
3rd #3 Coco Caballo was a $55K purchase at the OBS Sale last year and has not showed much in two starts. The daughter of Twirling Candy will appreciate the class drop, she is trained by Ron Moquett, who has already won one race this meet.
SELECTIONS: 7-6-3-8

Race 3
1st #6 Cashanova is trained by Brad Cox who is sitting at a hot 43% for the meet. Last out this one seemed to struggle a bit, but is dropping a little in class and is at a different track. So, I have faith in this one.
2nd #7 War Film looks like the clear winner of the race, but after being off for ten months and coming out of a graded race, I just think he will need an out. Steve Asmussen usually has his horses ready to rock, and I am sure this one is ready.
3rd #11 Spanned looks good too, but been off for about nine months. He’s owned by the Ramsey’s, and ridden by Jose Ortiz, so top connections. Really lightly raced for the age of five with only five starts and lots of long layoffs has me a bit concerned.
SELECTIONS: 6-7-11-2

Race 4
1st #2 Miss is Zippy I remember from Turfway this spring. She’s got potential, but these horses are tougher than the ones at Turfway. She is also running for a tag now.
2nd #5 Complete Surprise only lost by two last out in Florida on the turf. She’s never been off of the turf, so I am curious how she will like the dirt, but I like her recent workouts too. She should be okay here.
3rd #10 Mariposa D’Oro has had about six months off, this spot is a bit easier than the one she ran at last time in Louisiana, and before that her second place was respectable.
SELECTIONS: 2-5-10-8

Race 5
1st #1 Carina drops in class and comes back to Churchill for the first time in almost a year. She hasn’t won here before, but has been on the board. She looks ready to go off of a two-month break.
2nd #2 Bold Esther has nine races, and she has been on the board for four of them. She gets a needed class drop, and has had a few months off. A nice little $1,200 she’s had a good start to her career.
3rd #11 Love My Honey looks good too. She’s coming from Oaklawn, and has made a lot of money just from her two wins. I don’t know if she’s good enough to win, but the class drop should help.
SELECTIONS: 1-2-11-4

Race 6
1st #2 Sister Hanan placed third in a grade three last out, and it was a super good effort. Good enough to win this race if she can run back as good. Corey Lanerie aboard, this is her first race since end of February.
2nd #7 Sea of Blue has some sweet connections, and won her last race at Gulfstream. This is a tougher spot for her, but she is also switching trainers so we will see what she can do.
3rd #9 Sister Kitten I only see being a threat because of how good her connections are here. Her last race at Turfway wasn’t that hard and nothing to sneeze at. Maybe she will like this track a little better.
SELECTIONS: 2-7-9-11

Race 7: 8-12-5-6

Race 8: 6-10-7-11

Race 9: 7-8-12-4

Race 10: 2-6-9-8

SANTA ANITA

Best Bets: (Bet 3x Normal Wager)
Race 1: #3 UNBRIDLED ETHOS
Race 8: #1 Madman

Bet Top Horse Across the Board each Race.
Bet Exacta Boxes with Top 3 Horses.

Race 1: A competitive opener and Preaching Trainer went close last time when finishing just ahead of Jetovator. The latter had beaten A Man's Man in a maiden race here earlier while Fly The Sky drops in class but is also down in distance having recorded both wins so far over a mile. Raul Rosas has a bit to find at this level but UNBRIDLED ETHOS showed enough last year to suggest he can win in this grade and has been gelded subsequently. The presence of Irad Ortiz suggests he’ll be ready for action on his return and he gets a speculative vote.

SELECTIONS: 3-5-9-8

Race 2: Ruby Bradley has been in decent form here though over longer trips and Mongolian Window is another dropping back down in distance. Madame Barbarian scored over today’s trip at Oaklawn last month and should go well under Flavien Prat but EASY GRADERmakes most appeal. The latter has been hard to keep right but her best form gives her leading claims at this lower level and she’s partnered by one of the track’s leading jockeys in Abel Cedillo.

SELECTIONS: 5-2-6-4

Race 3: FOREIGN PROTOCOL has been gelded since last in action and may improve. He already has the strongest form with a victory at Golden Gate back in February and Quinn Howey’s charge should make a bold bid in this. Promise Nothing finished in front of Brickyard Ride when runner-up over track and trip but faces tougher today as does Hydrogen, an allowance race winner at Mahoning Valley in March. Call Me Daddy is upped in class having won a maiden race by a wide-margin at the end of last year and Arc Nation can do better back over a shorter trip today.

SELECTIONS: 5-4-3-6

Race 4: Dipping In had earlier finished a neck in front of Resarcio when runner-up over track and trip. The latter is one of three entries for John Shirreffs though Mike Smith is booked to ride the reserve Bristol Bayou having partnered the returning Zest last year. Nurse Goodbody was a fast-finishing fourth here on her debut and this longer trip will suit on that evidence but a chance is taken on the newcomer WIND AND HOPE. Simon Callaghan’s Tapit filly cost $535,000 as a yearling and leading track jockey Flavien Prat is doing the steering.

SELECTIONS: 4-7-3-2

Race 5: Sky Jumper represents Bob Baffert’s powerful yard and finished second in a starters race here in March. But this drop into claiming company looks like a tad suspicious and he’s taken on with BABY GRONK. The latter failed to see out the longer trip here last time but earlier placed efforts suggest he can go close at this level and Bill Spawr’s charge has the beating of Camby on running here last year. Fellow Citizen, Master Juba, Cryin' Chuck and Undeniable Proof all won maiden races on their latest starts with the first-named making most appeal.

SELECTIONS: 2-8-7-3

Race 6: Fivestar Lynch finally won a maiden race over track and trip last time having returned a losing favourite on a couple of occasions before that. But RED KING is proven at this level having finished a close-up third here on his latest outing with Turn The Switch, Go Daddy Go and Crystal Tribe all finishing behind. Philip D’Amato’s charge also has the beating of Avalanche on earlier form and can get his head back in front today. Posterize struggled in a stakes race here recently but better is expected in this grade and he’s preferred to Of Good Report. 

SELECTIONS: 2-1-4-6

Race 7: DA KINE has been competing over longer trips on the Turf recently but his earlier form on the main track is the best on offer. He gets the vote back over a shorter distance today. Polar Wind will need a big step forward to figure and the returning Most Sandisfactory also needs to improve though Flavien Prat is on board and he’s preferred to stablemate and newcomer Press Briefing. The four-year-old Full Draw makes a belated debut and the Union Rags colt is worth a second glance.

SELECTIONS: 7-2-8-6

Race 8: Border Town won a straight maiden here in February and should be at home in this grade but MADMAN (NAP) looks the one to side with representing Richard Baltas’ in-form yard. He was beaten only a nose over course and distance at this level last time and the form looks solid enough with the third horse subsequently winning. Southern King has the past form to figure and is preferred to Irish Heatwave, who ships-in from Fair Grounds, while Cajun Treasure and The Street Fighter could go well if rediscovering their best. 

SELECTIONS: 1-6-2-7

Race 9: Brace For Impact could have had more luck with the draw but should still give a good account. Stablemate Tallemark finished in front of Caerulean when third over track and trip last time though had earlier finished behind EL DIABLO ROJO here. The latter showed a distinct improvement when subsequently finishing runner-up on his first start gelded and there looks more to come from him. Clayton Delaney is partnered by Falvien Prat on his debut and makes more appeal than fellow newcomer Bluegrass Patriot.

SELECTIONS: 2-9-6-5