Usa hits 1.3 mill cases New york city the new epicenter of the virus

Moldoveanu

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of tonight 1291 patients in NYC are in Intensive care , 5300 are hospitalized , it’s estimated 1/2 of those in ICU will pass. Extrapolate those numbers with typical 10 day turnover for ICU , add the number who will die unnecessarily due to unavailable treatment and eta for NYC to have this under control for round 1 (Mid May ) ? It’s a staggering number of deaths but under 40k

Its tough to say.Im not as concerned about them(S, Korea,Germany)But if we are supposed to be so far ahead of thecurve why can't we  equip our  hospitals.We should have had our front line people equipped to fight this,Thats all they asked for...at least in NY and NJ.This stuff should have been in mass production months ago

Its not like we didn't see what was going n on in Italy and their mistakes...We can't stop everything but we could have tried harder and not denied that there was a problem here.

Its tough to say.Im not as concerned about them(S, Korea,Germany)But if we are supposed to be so far ahead of thecurve why can't we  equip our  hospitals.We should have had our front line people equipped to fight this,Thats all they asked for...at least in NY and NJ.This stuff should have been in mass production months ago

Its not like we didn't see what was going n on in Italy and their mistakes...We can't stop everything but we could have tried harder and not denied that there was a problem here.

Concur. And then some. Seeing this unfold in China was obvious in December what was coming. 

I did stock up on supplies well before anyone I know.  In early January I advised family to exit any investment they could

and stay in cash and have enough supplies for a month in reserve .  The issue isn’t being a genius or right , it’s why a dummy like me can anticipate this and the federal government ignored pleas that we’ve all lheard to be prepared.  

Big deal, I have enough toilet paper for two months and a little more canned food then most, it’s not gonna help anyone if they need medical care.  I had surgery in February and it required a second surgery in April which is not happening now. Wife is pregnant , stressed and now we have to deal with unimaginable stress trying to give birth in a hospital.  

not making this about me, heart breaks for what I see non stop at the area hospitals. I would never have thought this possible in 

NYC hospital.  My assumption was gov had that covered.  Ignorance is bliss I guess , anxiety level is unprecedented for me.

i

Gotta love how in retrospect everyone's a fuckin genius who saw this coming a mile away, and wants to throw around blame left and right to everyone else.

"Should have should have should have".

Meanwhile these are the same people that were standing in a half mile long line outside of Costco a week ago.

Started getting stuff end of February when we saw what was going on elsewhere & listening to respected opinions,I'm ok but theres just so many people that its obvious that places like Costco is going to be chaotic.

I did stock up on supplies well before anyone I know.  In early January I advised family to exit any investment they could

and stay in cash and have enough supplies for a month in reserve .  The issue isn’t being a genius or right , it’s why a dummy like me can anticipate this and the federal government ignored pleas that we’ve all lheard to be prepared.  

Big deal, I have enough toilet paper for two months and a little more canned food then most, it’s not gonna help anyone if they need medical care.  I had surgery in February and it required a second surgery in April which is not happening now. Wife is pregnant , stressed and now we have to deal with unimaginable stress trying to give birth in a hospital.  

not making this about me, heart breaks for what I see non stop at the area hospitals. I would never have thought this possible in 

NYC hospital.  My assumption was gov had that covered.  Ignorance is bliss I guess , anxiety level is unprecedented for me.

i

Thoughts and prayers...

, it’s why a dummy like me can anticipate this and the federal government ignored pleas that we’ve all lheard to be prepared.

I would never have thought this possible in

NYC hospital. My assumption was gov had that covered.

It’s the state government’s responsibility to be prepared. That’s why they have an Emergency Plan and a Preparedness Plan. The person that is responsible to make sure the preparedness plan is accurate/fully stocked is the Governor. I don’t understand why people continue to blame the Federal government for states being unprepared. All the Federal Government does in this instance is give assistance after a State Governor declares an emergency in his state, activates his emergency plan, and requests assistance from the Feds.

Cuomo and his emergency manager fucked up, plain and simple. What should be done after this is ALL states preparedness plans should be investigated, because someone lied about each states level of preparedness. Specifically the ones that have such a shortfall in medical equipment.