Usa hits 1.3 mill cases New york city the new epicenter of the virus

Moldoveanu

It’s the state government’s responsibility to be prepared. That’s why they have an Emergency Plan and a Preparedness Plan. The person that is responsible to make sure the preparedness plan is accurate/fully stocked is the Governor. I don’t understand why people continue to blame the Federal government for states being unprepared. All the Federal Government does in this instance is give assistance after a State Governor declares an emergency in his state, activates his emergency plan, and requests assistance from the Feds.

Cuomo and his emergency manager fucked up, plain and simple. What should be done after this is ALL states preparedness plans should be investigated, because someone lied about each states level of preparedness. Specifically the ones that have such a shortfall in medical equipment.

Nah it is easier for the lemmings to blame President Trump because that's what they are spoon fed all day, mindless parrots.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s the state government’s responsibility to be prepared. That’s why they have an Emergency Plan and a Preparedness Plan. The person that is responsible to make sure the preparedness plan is accurate/fully stocked is the Governor. I don’t understand why people continue to blame the Federal government for states being unprepared. All the Federal Government does in this instance is give assistance after a State Governor declares an emergency in his state, activates his emergency plan, and requests assistance from the Feds.

Cuomo and his emergency manager fucked up, plain and simple. What should be done after this is ALL states preparedness plans should be investigated, because someone lied about each states level of preparedness. Specifically the ones that have such a shortfall in medical equipment.

It’s all three levels, a massive breakdown all around.

BOL Dogball.

Congress also recognizes State and local emergency management responsibility in the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, as amended:

The elected leadership in each jurisdiction is legally responsible for ensuring that necessary and appropriate actions are taken to protect people and property

from the consequences of emergencies and disasters.

Preparedness :

While mitigation can make communities safer, it does not eliminate risk and vulnerability for all hazards. Therefore, jurisdictions must be ready to face emergency threats that have not been mitigated away. Since emergencies often

evolve rapidly and become too complex for effective improvisation, a government can successfully discharge its emergency management responsibilities only by taking certain actions beforehand. This is preparedness.

Preparedness involves establishing authorities and responsibilities for emergency actions and garnering the resources to support them: a jurisdiction must assign or recruit staff for emergency management duties and designate or procure facilities, equipment, and other resources for carrying out assigned duties. This investment in emergency management requires upkeep: the staff must receive training and the facilities and equipment must be maintained in working order. To ensure that the jurisdiction's investment in emergency management personnel and resources can be relied upon when needed, there must be a program of tests, drills, and exercises. Consideration also must be given to reducing or eliminating the vulnerability of the jurisdiction’s emergency response organizations and resources to the hazards that threaten the jurisdiction.

Accordingly, preparedness measures should not be improvised or handled on an ad hoc basis. A key element of preparedness is the development of plans that link the many aspects of a jurisdiction's commitment to emergency management.

(FEMA.gov)

Thanks guys, it’s straight up scary and I’m fortunate in many ways.

i didn’t mention my brother has virus ,  ive had symptoms for two weeks but nothing major, my pregnant wife coughing .

Very painful to think all around me hospitals littered long lines people who can’t breathe, brave hospital staff getting ill , many police 

now have it ,  we are watching a nightmare unfold live all around us in NYC.  Sadly it’s gonna spread like this to other states , hopefully not as bad since less dense and perhaps ahead of curve with quarantine .  IMO this hit USA way way before reported cases say. 
i work in real estate and have access to a lot of info and communications from state gov and building managers, I barely know any buildings where tenants or staff aren’t sick .  The % are ok, but the mind runs away from you when there’s not much else to occupy time.   Regular people in 40/50 year old are dying with no underlying health conditions.  Inexplicable.  

New York's finest elite Dem's are purely to blame for this massive outbreak in their State.

City Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot told the citizens it's very low risk so go out and do what you normally do.

State Senate John Liu stated it was basically racist if you don;t go out and enjoy the public sites.

Mayor Bill de Blasio told everyone not to worry and go to theaters to watch a movie.

Many love Governor Coumo who is a hard left progressive. Guy is far from sincere and his record speaks for itself

of being one of the worst States in the country. Sure he is a good talker and knows how to persuade the low info voters.

His policies won't work anywhere. 

This was all around the middle of February. Already 520 dead, thousands test positive including doctors and nurses.

Governor Coumo turned down 400k respirators back in 2016 from President Trump. Trump sends him 200k more

earlier this week, but some how their stored in a undisclosed warehouse in the city. Hmmm, that 's very odd unless

a certain group wants more deaths to possibly blame it on Trump.

Add lock downs are a form of fascism.

I honestly believe the left is trying to collapse the economy to win the back White House in November.

LOLs!

Might as well have the cops in their patrol cars saying on the loud speaker, " Stay at home and don't talk to your neighbors, be good citizens."

Just like they do in China.

Miami Beach will order its hotels cleared after the weekend and impose a midnight curfew Monday, part of a countywide decree to close almost all lodging available to visitors in the latest unprecedented effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.