Who is and isn’t wearing masks when they leave the house?

housepicks

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we do.

Are you aware that viral genomes change and mutate continuously? And that virulence also changes? Can you think of any circumstances that would confer greater evolutionary advantage to a increase in severity? Because I can.

What about nonlinearity of mortalirlty rate, based on a shitload of potential covariates, like depletion of healthcare workers, overloading of the system, supply lines going down, riots, martial law? Have you considered THAT? Of course not. You live in a fantasy world of simple linear effects and normal distributions.

Are you aware that viral genomes change and mutate continuously? And that virulence also changes? Can you think of any circumstances that would confer greater evolutionary advantage to a increase in severity? Because I can.

What about nonlinearity of mortalirlty rate, based on a shitload of potential covariates, like depletion of healthcare workers, overloading of the system, supply lines going down, riots, martial law? Have you considered THAT? Of course not. You live in a fantasy world of simple linear effects and normal distributions.

And if the virus mutates, the quarantines were just made completely ineffective because you're never going to reach the point of immunity. Or do you think people should never go outside again? Thanks for proving my point again.

And if the virus mutates, the quarantines were just made completely ineffective. Or do you think people should never go outside again? Thanks for proving my point again.

Slowing it down gives us time to get ahead of it with effective treatment, vaccine, etc. More infections means more mutations. More mutations means vaccine less likely to completely squash it. It's a race against time. We could do everything right and still might lose. All you can do is play the best odds.

Slowing it down gives us time to get ahead of it with effective treatment, vaccine, etc. More infections means more mutations. More mutations means vaccine less likely to completely squash it. It's a race against time. We could do everything right and still might lose. All you can do is play the best odds.

There is absolutely no way that a vaccine will be developed and mass produced before this virus infects the vast majority of people on Earth. No matter what the policies enacted are.

The longer that people are not immune, the more likely that the virus mutates. So what's actually the quickest path to immunity?

It's not what you're proposing.

Are mutation rates based on time? No. They are based on number of genome replications, which is directly related to number of infections.

Slowing down infection rate buys more time. More infected for the sake of "immunity'" means more mutation, greater risk of NO immunity.

Just got back from the grocery store....maybe 5% had mask and gloves.....wife gave me gloves to wear but they were blue so I didn’t wear, right when I got there I seen a lady with orange gloves , I almost pulled the trigger and gloved up after seeing her, but still passed....

Told the wife I wore them.....feel dirty

Just got from SMITH'S

Roughly 150 in the store between employees and customers...………..three masks spotted

2%

Few asian folk in Southern Highlands

Smith’s at Rainbow and Windmill has a ton of Filipinos that shop there, would say that half or more of them had masks on. Saw very few white people wearing one. 

Smith’s at Rainbow and Windmill has a ton of Filipinos that shop there, would say that half or more of them had masks on. Saw very few white people wearing one.

I’d rather shop next to the asians

i tried wearing the n95 at work but couldnt stand it, got 3/4 through the day

i will give it another go tomorrow

The ones with the little flap in the middle make all  the difference, I used to wear them at work all the time, the flapped one's are way, way better than the others. far less hot and uncomfortable.