Off Topic: Home Renovation Tips, Pics, etc.

ERBtheGREAT

As some of you know, I purchased a house 3 months ago and have been fixing it up. The upstairs will be done by next weekend, just finishing painting the hallway this weekend and need to order carpet. I thought it would be cool if anyone has advice, tips, projects they are thinking of, let's try to give ideas or help others. Here is my finished bathroom upstairs. Cost: Vanity ($300, 40 sq ft cherry laminate ($90), mirror (free, dad made it at work). Nothing special but it will only be me living there and it's good enough for me lol. Going to need a rug obviously, and put up some kind of towel rack. I hope you enjoy my poverty bathroom :mutley

Kudos for manning up and Doing it Yourself. It's always a rewarding feeling when you finish jobs like these, so congrats.

I like the sink. The paper towels seem out of place atop the toilet, and the shower area looks like it needs more lighting.

What's your next project?

. Yeah the towels are just thrown there for now, same with the cleaning supplies, etc. currently painting the trim on the 2 bedrooms, then painting the hallway and the 2 closets upstairs. As soon as all the painting is done, having someone install carpet from the steps downstairs through the hallway and 2 bedrooms. Carpet is the only thing my dad doesn't mess with and know how to show me. In a week to 10 days I should have an updated picture of the completed upstairs with paint and carpet.

. Yeah the towels are just thrown there for now' date=' same with the cleaning supplies, etc. currently painting the trim on the 2 bedrooms, then painting the hallway and the 2 closets upstairs. As soon as all the painting is done, having someone install carpet from the steps downstairs through the hallway and 2 bedrooms. Carpet is the only thing my dad doesn't mess with and know how to show me. In a week to 10 days I should have an updated picture of the completed upstairs with paint and carpet.[/quote']

Definitely nice when you can do so much of that stuff yourself going to save a shit load of cash. I've never been more then half assed handy.

Nice work man and hope rest goes smooth