Master stock pick thread

WVU

I still don't see how manipulation is possible.  All you guys think it is happening, but you can't describe any type of scenario (not counting the meme stock fiasco).  Kinda sounds like you guys think the stock market is an ATM and when it stops printing it becomes manipulation.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, WVU said:

Kinda sounds like you guys think the stock market is an ATM and when it stops printing it becomes manipulation.

agreed. naturally stocks dont go up forever, good reports dont mean a stock isnt overvalued already and certain things arent priced in. some of the climbs the last year have been insane, and they are coming back to earth

26 minutes ago, WVU said:

I still don't see how manipulation is possible.  All you guys think it is happening, but you can't describe any type of scenario (not counting the meme stock fiasco).  Kinda sounds like you guys think the stock market is an ATM and when it stops printing it becomes manipulation.

I guess my question then is (and I hate to go back to the apple analogy again)....the first week of February Blackrock, investco, pimco, goldman sachs and t Rowe price all upped their apple holdings in their portfllios and it all happened the exact same week. We are talking billions of shares being bought up.  This happened right after their incredible earnings announcement. 

When there are more shares being bought than sold,, the price is supposed to go up right?  Yet that week Apple was down every single day. 

Who is controlling that price/movement? Is it all retail investors that all decided to sell apple at the same time just a week after their biggest earnings quarter in the history of the company?

3 hours ago, WVU said:

You’re joking , right? Manipulation is not only possible, it happens daily. HFs and large institutional investors play by different rules and have more tools available then retail investors. 

41 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

You’re joking , right? Manipulation is not only possible, it happens daily. HFs and large institutional investors play by different rules and have more tools available then retail investors. 

Like what?  How can they manipulate.  Still waiting on how

2 hours ago, zzmocashzz said:

apple 

Founded April 1, 1976

before the 1st iphone apple was trading for less than the cash on their books, meaning it was worthless

so let's say jan 2009 ($3/share) to now ($120/share)... it has been a good 12 year run... i would love to see a tech stock with a good 20 year run

msft was a $50 stock at the end of 1999, then at the end of 2013 it was a $20 stock... so that has hardly been relevant as an investment for 20 years

intc was a $70 stock in 1999 and then 10 years later it was a $10 stock so that won't win your argument either

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

before the 1st iphone apple was trading for less than the cash on their books, meaning it was worthless

so let's say jan 2009 ($3/share) to now ($120/share)... it has been a good 12 year run... i would love to see a tech stock with a good 20 year run

msft was a $50 stock at the end of 1999, then at the end of 2013 it was a $20 stock... so that has hardly been relevant as an investment for 20 years

intc was a $70 stock in 1999 and then 10 years later it was a $10 stock so that won't win your argument either

I don't know about Intel or Msft but Apple also split 2 (possibly 3) times since '09. About a year ago it split 4 for 1.