MJ is a sanctimonious ass

Boatboatboat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't sure, all kidding aside do you think MJ decided to play baseball at the peak of his career for no reason other than he was burnt out on hoops?

Yes. His dad had just been murdered and he was a mess. Won 3 straight and no motivation or anything to prove. I think that’s a lot more plausible than NBA willingly suspending its best and most marketable player and costing itself millions of dollars. Stern was all about growing the game internationally and making money. Can’t see any way he would suspend Jordan

Yes. His dad had just been murdered and he was a mess. Won 3 straight and no motivation or anything to prove. I think that’s a lot more plausible than NBA willingly suspending its best and most marketable player and costing itself millions of dollars. Stern was all about growing the game internationally and making money. Can’t see any way he would suspend Jordan

I have heard from some unsavory characters that a lot of this tied into his gambling(Chicago Mob etc..) I think it is plausible and FTR LBJ can't warm him up.

:bulb

He also had the mental exhaustion from putting a losing franchise on his back and making them a dynasty

• 2 weeks later...

I never said I didn't want Isiah on the dream team

-MJ

opppsssss Now audio of MJ saying "I wont play if Isiah is on team"

He told the truth.

He didn't say 'I don't want [him] on the Dream Team." He said "I won't play if [he] is on the team."

If it was a court case, a lawyer would argue that due to Jordan's level of skill and respect in the profession, those two things are CONSTRUCTIVELY the same thing. But he didn't lie.

He just knew they would appease him at all costs.

Kobe, MJ, Bird

Fierce competitors

Remember, Magic feared nobody but Bird

I like Magic more than Bird, but loved them both. That was some of the best professional sports competition ever. You have to have the right amounts of respect, fear, contempt, and admiration for your opponent. They had it.

In one of his first practices with the Bulls, Parish botched one of the plays and was amused to find Jordan jawing at him just inches from his face.

“I told him, ‘I’m not as enamored with you as these other guys. I’ve got some rings too,’ ” Parish recalled. “At that point he told me, ‘I’m going to kick your ass.’ I took one step closer and said, ‘No, you really aren’t.’ After that he didn’t bother me.”

• 2 months later...