Boat you’re a smart guy. Help me understand something.

BarryRunSome

I always wondered this during Lance Armstrong’s heyday. Why in the world did the US Postal Service pay to sponsor him? There’s someone in the United States that doesn’t know the US Postal Service exists? That they don’t ship packages? The US Postal Service needs the advertising to drum up business? Not to even mention 100s of millions in debt. Let’s flush another 50 million down the shitter endorsing Lance in case someone out there has never heard of a mailman.

Because it that point in time eBay was really taking hold in individuals were utilizing either fedex United parcel or US postal service to send packages so it was a very very competitive arena they were not Vine to get additional business to send letters they were Vine to get business to send packages

I always wondered this during Lance Armstrong’s heyday. Why in the world did the US Postal Service pay to sponsor him? There’s someone in the United States that doesn’t know the US Postal Service exists? That they don’t ship packages? The US Postal Service needs the advertising to drum up business? Not to even mention 100s of millions in debt. Let’s flush another 50 million down the shitter endorsing Lance in case someone out there has never heard of a mailman.

Someone give me a one sentence summary. Sounds like I need to dust off the ol' typewriter.