Riots in minneapolis right now

mikeman

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nothing new, bitch-ass."--Eli Whitney

Yo MT, i am about to absolutely blow your mind. 

Eli Whitney was a white dude! As white as wonder bread. Like, WHITE. 

Which fucking derailed me too when I learned this (in my late thirties, no less). It turns out that Eli Whitney being a black inventor was somehow a public school fuck up 'factoid' that was taught to kids mostly in the northeast and midwest (I think?). And persisted for literally decades. People growing up in certain areas of the country, for example, have no recollection of being taught that in school.

Very weird.

Heres a pic, lol:

CAF20FC4-D7D0-F0C9-E879345BAF1C52B4.jpg

link: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/02/eli-whitney-inventor-of-the-cotton-gin-wasn-t-black-but-here-s-why-so-many-people-think-he-was.html

I wonder how the riots would go if instead of 100 cops and 2 dogs on the street, they had maybe 12 cops and 20 dogs? 

great idea

or better yet round em up and put them in a football stadium and sell tickets for people to watch the dogs get em.

Geez why hasn't anyone ever thought of this before.

Hey every once in a while we could have people fight to the death too.

Call me crazy, but could we flood the stadium and have people in boatboatboats have mock navel battels?

you are on to something Mike

great idea

or better yet round em up and put them in a football stadium and sell tickets for people to watch the dogs get em.

Call me crazy, but could we flood the stadium and have people in boatboatboats have mock navel battels?

The goal is to stop the rioting, not torture people. cause it looks like having 200 cops standing in a line in the street aint cutting it.

great idea

Fight is over. Boatboatboat by historical counter-punch.

Mike

You will call me an attention whore and say I create topics or make comments to get more clicks at TGF (duh).

So will you please take the reigns

Rito and I were talking about how the protest will be a true test if social distancing actually works. If it does we SHOULD see an increase in Covid due to people being so close to each other.

The problem is they are by and large, YOUNG  HEALTHY people who if infected likely wouldn't even seek medical help so we wouldn't even know they had it.

So we need to get 65 year old folks of all colors shapes and sizes to RIOT.

Not an easy task IMO

So create a thread, you be the judge of the best idea and TGF will send them a $25 dollar Visa card.

HOW DO WE GET old folks to riot to test if social distancing works.

you up for the challenge?

let's have some fun

you set the rules, the dates the blah blah you be the judge of winner